Roland Corporation U.S.
One of the leading music products companies in the industry, Roland Corporation U.S. has employment opportunities for dynamic, resourceful, results-driven individuals determined to make a difference in contributing to our success.
We are an organization of dedicated people committed to creating and distributing superior musical products. Our core values are focused on our customer service, innovation and creativity, quality and the contagious enthusiasm among our employees.
We have an excellent benefit package, as part of our total compensation, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance Plans, Disability Plans, Vacation and Holiday pay and a great 401(k) plan.
Roland Corporation U.S. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources Department if at any time during the interview process you feel a reasonable accommodation is required to facilitate the interview or job functionality.
Roland does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than from the candidates themselves.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Producer/Editor (Preditor)
Roland Corporation U.S., a major distributor of electronic musical equipment, is looking for a Video Producer/Editor (Preditor). IF YOU LIVE IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA, THIS MAY BE THE POSITION FOR YOU. Under the direction of the Manager, Video Production, this individual must be skilled, creative and cutting edge, video production person that can produce a video project from inception to completion. This includes handling pre-production, production and post-production duties. Duties include writing scripts, storyboards, operating camera, lighting, sound recording, video editing and motion graphics.
One of the main strengths needed for this position is video post-production (video editing and motion graphics). This includes being able to accurately convey the right message from a 10 sec commercial spot to a 10 min documentary-style piece. Skills include the mastery of storytelling, and identifying marketing motives and trends. You must be skilled and experienced with NLEs and handling various video formats and codecs and compression settings.
You will also need to be highly skilled in the creation of motion graphics. You should be able to create eye-catching graphics from scratch or creating custom motion graphics from existing artwork. This includes being able to create templates for others to be able to utilize.
The other strength needed for this position is in production. This includes being able to capture and direct video shoots with creativity and style. From single camera scripted shoots to live multi-camera shoots. Skills include Directing, Cinematography, and Audio Recording. You will work with a variety of cameras and lighting rigs. You must be experienced and familiar with shooting various HD videos formats as well as have a keen understanding of audio recording.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To shoot, edit, and produce engaging and cutting edge marketing videos.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to take a video project from concept to completion.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be creative and have the drive to always do your best work for every project.
- Must be able to source and manage crews, locations and equipment needed for video shoots.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma. Experience in a similar capacity or role. Experience in marketing and/or agency a plus. Must be able to provide a show reel.
Skills: Must demonstrate knowledge of new and current filmmaking/editing, production styles, motion graphics, music and sound design techniques. Extensive knowledge of video production and editing techniques, Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to apply strong analytical and problem solving skills. Computer skills are required. Good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines. Must be able to function well in a creative team.
Knowledge: Knowledge of appropriate audio and video production software (e.g., Premiere Pro, Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, AI, Logic, Pro Tools). Must be very familiar with video formats, codecs, and compression technologies. Must be familiar with video lighting fixtures and various HD cameras and camera support systems.
This position requires the ability to sit 50% of the day, walk 30% and stand 20%. Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must also be able to do the physical activities needed for transporting, setting up, and striking equipment for video shoots.
Having reliable transportation is required to drive to and from video shoots. Requires constant use of hands, arms, and wrist movement for PC work. Requires the ability to write memos, and possess good spelling skills and/or the ability to use a dictionary. Must be able to read and comprehend what is read.
Basic math skills are required. Must have good eyesight for reading, writing and use of PC. Must have good hearing and be able to speak clearly, for phone work and interaction with other employees, vendors and other outside callers.
This is an exempt position. Pay periods are bi-weekly. Company offers excellent salary and benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and much more. If interested, please send resume with salary history to email@example.com. NO AGENCY PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Product Sales Specialist
Roland Corporation U.S., a major distributor of electronic musical equipment, is looking for a Product Sales Specialist. THIS JOB WILL BE LOCATED ON THE EAST COAST AND WOULD PREFER THE GREATER NEW YORK AREA. Under the direction of the BOSS U.S and Roland Guitar Products Vice President, this individual will primarily interface with Roland/BOSS dealers and users of Roland and Boss guitar related products. Through the demonstration and sale of Roland and BOSS products across the designated territory, the Representative will assist in the general sales and marketing of BOSS and Guitar products and contribute market understanding to the parent company.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Through excellence in product and application knowledge and strong interpersonal skills, the representative will participate in and be responsible for sales and successful events and marketing through participating Authorized Dealers. Territory duties will include support of designated Partners and Artist Relations activities as well as training for Sales Associates of participating Authorized Dealers. Most frequently, this will include working in Dealer retail stores as requested.
- When not traveling, the Representative will participate in outbound sales calls, on-line support, content creation, and planning or support of upcoming events.
- From time to time, the representative will participate in supporting customers through the Customer Experience Team or their activities. In the course of interacting with prospects and users of related products, the Representative will be responsible for establishing a strong understanding, and will be able to communicate or verify that understanding through written and oral presentation in person or via video conference, of what and why users are buying and how they are using related products including competitive products.
- Also from time to time, the Representative may be required to support content creation including; scripting, storyboarding, performance, and production of blog posts and knowledge base articles to training and promotional materials. Provide dealer and staff training/support. Demonstrate clear value to users and retail salespeople in the use and sale of Roland and BOSS products relating to the Specialty area.
- High school graduate or equivalent in reading, written and mathematics skills. Qualification in specialty music and media programs an asset. Experienced in retail sales and participation in the Specialty area.
- Must play guitar. Requires above average inter-personal skills in dealing with customers, partners, artists and retail sales staff and management. Must be skilled in the use of web, email, social media, and telephone. Must be able to write technical and application based content. Must be comfortable on camera and microphone for video and audio recording. Basic math skills are required.
- Representative must have knowledge of a broad range of music genres including trends in tone and playing styles. Should have vast knowledge of guitar effects, amplification, and usage and application of such.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
Must be fluent in office suite (word and excel). Knowledge and usage of computer programs that apply to electronic musical instrument applications (ie. Digital Audio Workstations, Editor/librarians, and programs made to connect to physical instruments).
Work Environment Ability:
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
This position requires the ability to drive, rent rental cars, and fly to attend seminars, events or offsite demonstration or production. Must be able to read and comprehend and have sufficient hearing to determine audio characteristics as well as support telephone, office and event communications.
As an East Coast position, the Representative will be required to provide a suitable work and storage location without cost to the company. When working from home, the Representative must be able to support customers professionally through the use of suitable internet bandwidth for browsing, conferencing and phone use. This includes the avoidance of unreasonable background noise or distraction.
Must be able to lift and carry products in the preparation, pick-up, and delivery, demonstration of products or in their use for content production where products might weigh up to 80 pounds. Must also be able to bend, push, pull, and reach above head, forward and from side to side to move or access products required for use from the retailer, warehouse, or other location. Requires constant use of hands, arms, and wrist movement for PC and telephone work. Must be able to read and comprehend what is read as well as have sufficient hearing to determine audio characteristics, support telephone, office and event communications
This is an exempt position. Pay periods are bi-weekly. Company offers excellent salary and benefit package will include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and much more. If interested please send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCY PHONE CALLS PLEASE.