Roland Corporation U.S.
One of the leading music products companies in the industry, Roland Corporation U.S. has employment opportunities for dynamic, resourceful, results-driven individuals determined to make a difference in contributing to our success.
We are an organization of dedicated people committed to creating and distributing superior musical products. Our core values are focused on our customer service, innovation and creativity, quality and the contagious enthusiasm among our employees.
We have an excellent benefit package, as part of our total compensation, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance Plans, Disability Plans, Vacation and Holiday pay and a great 401(k) plan.
Roland Corporation U.S. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources Department if at any time during the interview process you feel a reasonable accommodation is required to facilitate the interview or job functionality.
Roland does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than from the candidates themselves.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Marketing Specialist
Roland Corporation U.S., a major distributor of electronic musical equipment, is looking for a Local Marketing Specialist. IF YOU LIVE IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA, THIS MAY BE THE POSITION FOR YOU. Under the direction of the Marketing Account Manager, this position will be responsible for selling in, implementing, and seeing through to positive results marketing and promotional content supporting the full line of Roland and BOSS Musical Instrument products into the Roland Corporation U.S. and BOSS U.S. retail network. This position will serve as liaison between the Roland MarCom department, Roland Sales department, and dealers. The goal of this position is to increase sales by encouraging general marketing and promotional activities of authorized Roland and BOSS dealers. In addition to any general support to the marketing communications team, the Specialist will work directly with authorized dealers who have opted in to participate in the local marketing support program and have been assigned to the Specialist by the Marketing Account Manager.
This position will require an understanding of and ability to support Roland’s sales and marketing policies, procedures, objectives, and strategies. The position will also require a familiarity with current social media practices and an ability to maintain relationships with the allocated authorized dealers or their representatives such as outside web master or other marketing representatives.
Through direct communication with assigned accounts or follow-up to opportunities proposed by sales and product staff, the Specialist will be responsible for the identification of opportunities to implement local marketing activity through the designated accounts. This includes making proposals to assigned accounts, following up on all aspects of implementation both internally and externally, and supporting review of results.
Success in the Local Marketing Specialist position would be measured by an increase in the total local marketing promotion efforts of participating dealers. The related tasks will require strong sales, communication, writing, and project management skills, including an ability to work with spreadsheets. Familiarity with the company’s products and the business needs of participating dealers will be valuable. Other characteristics of a successful Specialist will include a comfort in working in a multi-tasking environment and ability to work to deadlines, budgets, or cost estimates.
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA and does not support telecommuting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell in and implement marketing and promotional content into the retail sales channel.
- Cultivate relationships with assigned dealer accounts, focusing on creating productive marketing-to-marketing relationships.
- Source new opportunities to reach customers through partnerships with dealers.
- Strategize, then implement customized promotional, event, and social media content through dealer channels.
- Oversee the execution of all proposed marketing deliverables associated with assigned accounts.
- Guide the development of dealers’ marketing capabilities by sharing best practices then analyzing and replicating successful activities.
- Manage marketing budgets for assigned accounts.
- Develop successful strategies to support Roland sales efforts at assigned dealer accounts with a goal of increasing product sell-through.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma. College degree preferred. Experience in a similar capacity or role. Experience in marketing or sales department/agency a plus.
Skills: Must demonstrate knowledge of new and current marketing, advertising, promotional, event, and social media practices and techniques. Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to apply strong analytical and problem solving skills required. Computer skills are required. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task. Must be able to function well in a creative team.
Knowledge: Familiarity with project management and customer relationship management software a plus. Familiarity with the traditional content/advertising production process a plus. Familiarity with contemporary musical instruments and music production extremely valuable.
Work Environment Ability: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to sit 50% of the day, walk 30% and stand 20%. Having reliable transportation is required to drive to the Roland office and potentially dealer locations. This position may require additional travel to be arranged by the employer. Requires constant use of hands, arms, and wrist movement for PC work. Requires the ability to write memos, and possess good spelling skills and/or the ability to use a dictionary. Must be able to read and comprehend what is read.
Basic math skills are required. Must have good eyesight for reading, writing and use of PC must be fluent in MS Office suite (Word and Excel). Knowledge and usage of Apple computer system. Must have good hearing and be able to speak clearly, for phone work and interaction with other employees, vendors and other outside callers.
This is an exempt position. Pay periods are bi-weekly. Company offers excellent salary and benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and much more. If interested, please send resume with salary history to email@example.com. NO AGENCY PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Piano Product Strategy Manager
Roland Corporation U.S., a major distributor of electronic musical equipment, is looking for a Piano Product Strategy Manager. IF YOU LIVE IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA, THIS MAY BE THE POSITION FOR YOU. This position develop growth and competitive strategies, work closely with sales, marketing, R&D and production to ensure all Roland piano products with features and price points to meet changing market needs and competition. This position reports to the Vice President of Product Management.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for category sales. Piano Product Strategy Manager is required to establish promotional plan to achieve monthly and annual budget based on sales analysis.
- Responsible for the development and forecast of division operating/revenue forecast budget as well as working with product flow manager.
- Responsible for launch of new products. Piano Product Strategy Managers develop strategic plans to introduce a product and then provide ongoing sales analysis to monitor and report sales results.
- Responsible for setting up new product information including pricing while working with Operations Department to ensure correct information is available within system.
- The Piano Product Strategy Manager must have extensive in-depth knowledge of overall piano market business manners and distribution including traditional piano retailers, consumer electronics retailers and Musical Instruments retailers. Minimum level Keyboard and piano playing skill is preferred for product presentation.
- The Piano Product Strategy Manager must have extensive in-depth knowledge of operating all products in their group and maintain this level of knowledge for all new products as they are introduced.
- Responsible for gathering and compiling continuous information on all pertinent competitive products, target customers, and maintain a data base on such. This information will then be communicated to Management, Sales Staff and Roland Japan.
- Manage products’ promotion and marketing issues as product group point person including promotional materials (Web, Video, content, Advertising, Etc), producing demos, coordinating demonstrations at trade shows, written materials, developing POP’s and reporting activities regularly to management.
- Responsible for the education, training and testing of Internal/External Sales Staff on product.
- Responsible for category products at trade shows, regional training and clinics.
- Responsible for managing Product Specialists and/or Clinicians in Piano category.
- Periodic dealer visits to strengthen dealer relationships sharing Roland Value through our programs, training, marketing content and customer support.
- Responsible for category and product communication and feedback with Roland Japan R&D engineers, as representative of Roland U.S. Piano Category.
Education/Experience: A college education is preferred, but not required. Sales experience (music store or manufacturer) is highly preferred. Extensive product knowledge and market requirements of a specific product category are required.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, musicianship skills, ability to apply strong analytical and problem solving skills. Computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, and music applications).
Knowledge: Must have operational and technical familiarity with specific Roland products and including other manufacturer’s hardware and software products. Additionally, they must be familiar with all applications in which the products are used such as music production, performance, composition, education, post production, and recording.
- Launch of new products
- Advertising coordination
- Merchandising programs (POP’s and materials)
- Monitoring competition for threats and new opportunities/niches
- Monitoring sales and inventory levels
- Ongoing competitive product analysis
- Creation of competitive product information and sales tools materials for DSMs
- Manage the creations of patches and demos
- Fact check ad copy, brochure copy, magazine reviews, and support materials
- Writing material for our newsletters and other promotional purpose as needed
- Manage product demonstrations at trade shows, regional training and sales meetings
- Communication with Roland Japan regarding problems and bugs
- Supervise and contribute all support materials
- Measuring overall effectiveness of ads, POP’s and all programs/support materials
- Monthly Business Summary Report and Event Activity Reports prepared as needed
- Other support as requested by divisional and company management
This position requires the ability to sit 70% of the day, walk 20% and stand 10%. Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must also be able to bend, push, pull, and reach above head, forward and from side to side to access files. Some driving is involved to attend seminars. Requires constant use of hands, arms, and wrist movement for PC work. Requires the ability to write memos, and possess good spelling skills and/or the ability to use a dictionary. Must be able to read and comprehend what is read. Basic math skills are required. Must have good eyesight for reading, writing and use of PC. Must have good hearing and be able to speak clearly, for phone work and interaction with other employees, vendors and other outside caller.
This is an exempt salary position. Pay periods are bi-weekly. Company offers excellent salary, and benefit package will include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and much more. If interested, please send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCY PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Senior Sales Engineer — Video Products
Roland Corporation U.S., a major distributor of electronic musical, audio and video equipment. The Pro A/V division is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer — Video Products. IF YOU LIVE IN THE LOS ANGELS AREA, THIS MAY BE THE POSITION FOR YOU. As a member of the Pro A/V division, the Senior Sales Engineer will bring a technical sales and market development focus for Roland professional video products to the live production, systems integration and broadcast markets. The Senior Sales Engineer will, through his/her own direct-to-customer sales and support efforts, be effective in working with sales representatives, authorized resellers, consultants, production and rental companies, broadcasters, colleagues and recognized partners to increase sales and market share opportunities for Roland’s professional video products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with target customers and with independent reps to generate sales to target customers using a consultative sales style that communicates product applications, product positioning and total product value to target customers.
- Responsible for building a network of leading users and professionals for Roland professional video products.
- Supporting the development of sales representative, dealer and user training resources and application of those resources.
- Provide timely feedback and interpretation of market, technology and application trends to factory engineers and colleagues.
- Participate in the development and subsequent implementation of sales and marketing strategies specific to the target customer market.
- Arrange demonstrations and trial evaluation of products to target customers.
- Leverage relationships to expand penetration into target markets in assigned territories.
- Contribute general customer support for “pre” and “post” sales inquiries.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to customers, key users or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of products including non-traditional business hours.
Education/Experience: Technical arts degree is ideal, or equivalent combination of technical arts certificate and experience. Experience in live event video or broadcasting video system design, installation, operation and support. Experience in industry related sales, retail or commercial.
Skills: Requires above average interpersonal skills in dealing with customers, partners, and dealer sales staff in a timely basis where circumstances might sometimes be stressed for either in person or telephone communication. Must posses a demonstrated sales ability. Must be skilled in the use of web, email, social media, and telephone. Must be able to write technical and application based content. Must be comfortable on camera and microphone for video and audio recording. Requires the ability to write reports, and possess good spelling skills and/or the ability to use a dictionary. Basic math skills are required.
Knowledge: Requires strong knowledge of video mixing and switching hardware, digital and analog video transmission standards, video display technologies and workflows associated with broadcast or live event production.
This position requires the ability to drive, rent rental cars and hotel rooms, ability to fly to visit key markets and ability to travel internationally if required. Must be able to read and comprehend and have sufficient hearing and vision to determine audio and video characteristics as well as support telephone, office and event communications.
Sales Engineers will be expected to maintain a reliable vehicle for travel within the local area and the movement of samples and products, etc.
Must also be able to bend, push, pull, and reach above head, forward and from side to side to move or access products required for use from the customer, warehouse, or other location. Requires constant use of hands, arms, and wrist movement for PC and telephone work
This position requires the ability to sit 60% of the day, walk 10% and stand 30%. Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must also be able to bend, push, pull, and reach above head, forward and from side to side to access files. Some driving is involved to attend seminars. Requires constant use of hands, arms, and wrist movement for PC work. Requires the ability to write memos, and possess good spelling skills and/or the ability to use a dictionary. Must be able to read and comprehend what is read. Basic math skills are required. Must have good eyesight for reading, writing and use of PC. Must have good hearing and be able to speak clearly, for phone work and interaction with other employees, vendors and other outside callers.
This is an exempt salary position. Pay periods are bi-weekly. Company offers excellent salary, and benefit package will include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and much more. If interested, please send resume with salary history to email@example.com. NO AGENCY PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Roland Corporation U.S., a major distributor of electronic musical equipment, is looking for a Credit Administrator. IF YOU LIVE IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA, THIS MAY BE THE POSITION FOR YOU. This position will perform a variety of clerical, record-keeping, and collection activities and to assist the credit team on assigned tasks, all with the view of achieving the key departmental objectives of working with our customers and sales force to increase sales and cash flows while minimize the risks of bad debt losses.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process new applications for open account terms by verifying bank information and calling or mailing trade references.
- Set up new open and flooring accounts after supervisor approval.
- Update account information, i.e. address change, ship to locations.
- Prepare and forward accounts being assigned to collection agencies by supplying supporting documentation (e.g., copies of invoices, statements, applications, personal guarantees, and financial statements).
- File forms and letters for the Credit Department.
- Obtain credit reports from Dunn & Bradstreet, CCR and NACM.
- Obtain flooring credit approvals from flooring companies.
- Prepare and distribute Credit Department mail and reports.
- Review credit memos for correct terms, serial numbers, account numbers, and amounts on invoices being sent to flooring companies.
- Research and resolve shipping errors for miss-ships, overages, and shortages, including obtaining tracers and proof of deliveries.
- Research; write up, review, correct and process price corrections, price protections, and serial number corrections.
- Apply credit card payments and approved credits to dealer accounts.
- Respond to incoming calls to the Credit Department.
- Handle special projects assigned by Credit Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
Good organization skills, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, produce quality work in a fast pace environment under pressure and to work independently with minimal supervision. Is proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word application and have a clear understanding of business principles including credit and collections. Follow written and oral instructions, perform mathematical calculations accurately, and operate 10-key by touch. Conducts business in a principled and ethical manner and maintains confidentiality of all company and dealer information. Ability to work as a team player.
Education/Experience: Typical qualifications would be a high school diploma or its equivalent with course work in business math, accounting or bookkeeping, and English usage. Some experience in an office setting and any training in collections helpful.
This is a non-exempt position. Pay periods are bi-weekly. Company offers excellent salary and benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and much more. If interested, please send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCY PHONE CALLS PLEASE.