For Immediate ReleaseRebecca Eaddy
Marketing Communications Manager
Roland Corporation U.S.
ROLAND ANNOUNCES SYSTEM UPGRADE FOR FANTOM G-SERIES
New Version 1.10 Enhances Functionality of Flagship Workstation
Los Angeles, CA, June 20, 2008—Roland is pleased to announce the release of v1.10 system upgrade for the Fantom-G series workstations, adding powerful multi-sampling capability, a new “Favorite Play” screen, a BPM calculator function for samples, and new enhancements to Single, Live and Song modes.
The Fantom-G series has redefined the boundaries of playability and creativity with its advanced sound engine, revolutionary ARX SuperNATURAL expansion bay, jumbo-sized color LCD, powerful new audio/MIDI recorder, and first-class 88-note Ivory Feel (Fantom-G8) and synth-action (Fantom-G7 and Fantom-G6) keys.
The release of v1.10 adds a number of new features to the Fantom-G operating system:
- Powerful multi-sampling feature added to Patch Edit for assigning different samples to each key
- BPM calculator function for instantly determining the tempo of sample phrases
- New “Favorite Play” screen added to the Favorites mode
- New Undo and Record Cancel functions added to Song Mode
- New shortcuts added to Single, Effects and Song Modes
- Updated Input Settings screen combines input effects and level metering in one screen
- Other features and general system improvements
“This new update expands the realm of creative possibilities, and enables players to access the advanced features of the Fantom-G more quickly and easily,” explains Vince LaDuca, Product Marketing Manager for the Synths & Technology Division, “The quality and breadth of the enhanced features in v1.10 demonstrates Roland’s continuing commitment to making the Fantom-G series the best possible workstation for our customers.”
To download Fantom-G6/G7/G8 System Upgrade v1.10, click here.
Roland Corporation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electronic musical instruments, including keyboards and synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion, digital recording equipment, amplifiers, audio processors, and multimedia products. With over 35 years of musical instrument development, Roland sets the standard in music technology for the world to follow. For more information, visit http://www.RolandUS.com.