Last modified: March 1, 2015
Roland Corporation U.S. (“Roland U.S.,” “we” or “our”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information provided by users of and visitors to its U.S. website, www.rolandus.com (the “Site”). Because of our commitment to our users (“you” or “your”) and their privacy, we have established the following Privacy Statement which explains what personal information we collect from users of the Site, and what we do with such information.
What information we collect:
First, we collect personally identifiable information (“PII” or “personal information”) in two ways: (1) Information that you provide to us during registration for certain areas of the Site, or in connection with your subsequent activities related to the Site, such as when you choose to subscribe to newsletters or magazines, or enter contests; (2) Information we get from certain services such as Google Analytics and for Google Analytics Advertiser Features/Display Advertising.
More specifically, we collect the following personal information from these sources:
- When you register to use certain restricted areas of the Site, we collect the following personal information: your name, email address and password (password is encrypted). Once you are registered, we may collect additional personal information to facilitate your activities, as follows: your rebate redemption (shipping address for rebate check); repair/order status (your phone number for issuing RA/repair authorization); contest entry forms and surveys (additional personal information including age and gender).
- We do not collect or hold your credit card information in relation to the Site.
- We may use geo-location/GPS information for identifying out-of-country visitors (via IP address detection) and for our Dealer Locator and Service Center Locator pages), but we do not store this information and it is not required from you.
- Certain services that we use, such as Google Analytics and Google Analytics Advertiser Features/Display Advertising, collect device identifiers (such as IP address) and mobile network information including phone number, which enables us to gather aggregate demographic information about our users, and in certain cases provides us with more detailed demographics about Site users.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 13. If we are made aware of that we have such personal information, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information.
How we use information we collect:
- Certain information, such as personal information you provide in order to subscribe to Roland newsletters or magazines, or participate in Roland contests, as described above, is used to facilitate such activities.
- We do not disclose this information to third parties unless we have informed you, been authorized by you, or are required to disclose such information by law.
- Other information, such as that collected from cookies and other technologies, like Internet or pixel tags, placed by services such as Google Analytics, is used to gather broad demographic information about our users in general, which are used for audits and to perform statistical analysis of user behavior in order to measure interest in various areas of our Site and to ensure a better user experience on the Site and with Roland. Much of this information is anonymous and aggregated data, which is used to generate reports for various business purposes.
- Services such as Google Analytics Advertiser Features/Display Advertising may be used to serve tailored ads to users, and enable features such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. However, these features will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive personal categories, such as those based on race, religion, health or sexual orientation. In addition, without your consent/opt-in, we will not permit personal information to be merged with non-personally identifiable information collected from Display Advertising features.
- We use first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to report how ad impressions, our use of ad services, and interactions by users with these ad impressions and ad services are related to Site visits.
- A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is visiting a website. When the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Third-party cookies are used to compile records of users’ browsing history.
Correcting Your Information and Opting Out
- With respect to email newsletter sent to our users about products, services, clinic schedules or other news using email addresses provided at registration or otherwise: upon your request, we will remove your personal information from our database or permit you to opt-out of further communication of this nature if you simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and place the word “remove” in the subject field.
- To change or update any personal information that we hold about you, please send a “remove” email as explained in the bullet point immediately above, and re-register with the new information.
- In addition, you can opt out of Google Analytics Advertiser Features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (such as the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out).
- Roland uses commercially reasonable precautions to keep any personal information disclosed to us via the Site secure, using physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure such information against unauthorized access or use.
- Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee the security, accuracy or completeness of such information or our procedures.
Finally, the Site is a U.S. website intended for our U.S. users. Roland is a multinational corporation with Roland subsidiaries and affiliates throughout the world. The Site is in full compliance with all U.S. laws, but we do not represent that we are in compliance with all laws, including privacy laws, in all countries.
Roland reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time, in order to comply with law and as deemed necessary for our Site and business. Any Statement will be effective upon posting to the Site.
For questions about this Privacy Statement or Site practices, please contact us at:Roland Corporation U.S.
Attention: Website Privacy Questions
PO Box 910921
Los Angeles, CA 90091-0921