A classic reborn — the legendary sound of the 1963 Fender® Spring Reverb returns as a modern stompbox. BOSS and Fender® USA have collaborated to create the FRV-1, a stunning recreation of the legendary ’63 Fender® Reverb via COSM technology. The FRV-1 puts that timeless tube-driven reverb sound under your foot in a tough, reliable compact pedal.
A timeless classic — the Fender® Spring Reverb is the sound that launched the surf-music phenomenon, and is a staple of rockabilly, country, and blues. Later, it became commonplace in grunge and other modern genres. Now the same legendary sound can be had in an affordable, rugged compact pedal.
- Recreates the legendary sound of the 1963 Fender® Reverb via COSM technology
- Easy operation with three classic controls for Dwell, Tone, and Mix for creating sounds from buttery warmth to sparkling twang
- Cool, retro appearance
- Road-tough BOSS metal construction
Fender® Corporation licensed the use of “Fender® Bassman®” to the BOSS FBM-1, “Fender® Deluxe Reverb®” to the BOSS FDR-1, and “Fender® Reverb” to the BOSS FRV-1. No other pedals carry this official license.
Audio & Video
FRV-1 Tone Demo - Surf
100% authentic surf guitar tone. Cowabunga baby! Paired with the FDR-1 Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb pedal for amp tone.
FRV-1 Tone Demo - Jazz
Nice warm reverb for jazz playing. Smooth and creamy amp tone courtesy of the FBM-1 Fender '59 Bassman pedal.
FRV-1 Tone Demo - Rocker
Vintage spring reverb to compliment classic rock styles. Paired with the FDR-1 Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb pedal, set with a crunchy amp tone.
FRV-1 Tone Demo - Mellow
Sweet 'verb for clean chords and mellow riffing. Paired with the FBM-1 Fender '59 Bassman pedal, set with a bright and clean amp tone.
FRV-1 Tone Demo - Country
Cool reverb for country-style playing. Paired with the FBM-1 Fender '59 Bassman pedal, set for a little crunch.
- FRV-1 Reverb Specifications
- Nominal Input Level
- -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- 1 MΩ
- Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 kΩ
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 kΩ or greater
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: Dry battery 6F22 (9 V) type (carbon)/Dry battery 6LR61 (9 V) type (alkaline), AC Adaptor (PSA series: optional)
- Current Draw
- 37 mA (DC 9 V)
* Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: 10.5 hours. These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- mm: 73 (W) x 129 (D) x 59 (H),
inches: 2-7/8 (W) x 5-1/8 (D) x 2-3/8 (H) inches
- 420 g / 15 oz (including battery)
- Owner's Manual, Dry battery/9 V type (6LR61)
- AC adaptor (PSA series)
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
The BOSS BCB-30 Pedal Board is a convenient way to set up and transport all your compact effects.
The BOSS BCB-60 Pedal Board is a convenient way to set up and transport all your compact effects.
Parallel DC Cord
Power multiple BOSS compact pedals from a single pedal
Brochures & Catalogs
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.