The V-Accordion is the first instrument of its kind to provide powerful digital modelling technology in a traditional, immediately familiar, accordion design, and with performance functions and authentic sounds.It combines the familiar sounds and nuances of a traditional accordion with the versatility of a modern digital musical instrument.The FR-7xb is the successor to the current FR-7b. It is enhanced with the latest V-Accordion features.
- Faster response and higher sensitivity and precision, plus detection of bellows opening/closing with new bellows pressure-sensor circuitry
- New French accordion sounds, Bayan accordion sounds, Italian classic accordion sounds, 24 new orchestral sounds and Virtual ToneWheel organ sounds
- USB host port onboard for new sound-upload possibility, MP3 playback, wave recorder
- Bellows Resistance Regulator knob to specify the bellows inertia (the force needed to push and pull it)
- New LCD display for comfortable operation
- Advanced musical expression: Bass to Treble function, Percussion sounds playable by Bass & Chord buttons, and 6 user assignable function switches on last low of bass buttons
Fast response and high sensitivity
Thanks to Roland’s newly-developed sound generator, which is optimized for Accordion performance, the FR-7xb will satisfy the most demanding accordion players. You will be impressed by the fast response of the keys/buttons, the higher sensitivity and precision, and the detection of bellows opening/closing with new bellows pressure-sensor circuitry. Thanks to this new technology, accordionists can feel perfectly at ease when playing their music, especially once they have experienced the enhanced response of this instrument.
USB host port onboard
Easy data storage, handy customization of V-Accordion sound-sets to satisfy special accordion/orchestra demands from different countries, and easy to upload software versions, thanks to the USB Flash Memory. What’s more, you can manage MP3 and Wav files and even record your performances in Wav format on the optional USB Flash Memory. Playback and record functions are perfect for educational use, and enhance live performance too.
Battery-powered instrument with built-in speakers
Though the FR-7xb is a fully digital instrument, it’s also an all-in-one instrument, i.e. you do not need to connect it to any amplifier to produce sounds. Its onboard amplification system is powerful enough for small venues, restaurants, pubs. Furthermore, the FR-7xb comes with a rechargeable battery, so that you do not need to connect it to a power outlet. It goes far beyond the control possibilities of a MIDI keyboard with optional performance functions.
Super realistic accordion simulations…
The FR-7xb has 92 buttons with six Treble Modes (with velocity), 120 velocity-sensitive bass buttons (6 bass & chord modes and 5 free bass modes to suit your playing style) and can simulate up to 80 different accordion instruments each including 14 treble registers, 26 orchestral sounds, 7 bass & chord registers, 7 free bass registers, 7 orchestral free bass, 7 orchestral bass registers, and 7 orchestral chord registers. Thanks to the Bass to Treble mode the FR-7xb can be used like a “Basoon accordion.” In this mode the bass part is played with the right hand (the bass and chord buttons are inactive). Moreover the programmable Drum function allows you to play percussion sounds with the Bass & Chord buttons.
…and organ simulations
Thanks to the Virtual ToneWheel sound engine, the FR-7xb allows you to play amazing organ sounds, by using Treble (upper), Chord (lower) and Bass (pedal) sections. Harmonic Bar controls will allow you to personalize your organ sounds to satisfy every musical genre.
Easy combination of Orchestral and traditional accordion sounds
Traditional accordion and orchestral sounds can be easily combined and played with full bellows articulation. Several unique Orchestra modes (Solo, Dual, High/Low,and more)provide amazing flexibility and instant sound switching. The 26 onboard orchestral treble, 7 orchestral bass sounds, 7 orchestral chord sounds and 7 orchestral free bass sounds can be easily mixed with traditional sounds.
LCD Display: FR-7xb is provided with a easy to read LCD display (OLED type, 128x64) for setting easily your V-Accordion. USER assignable switches: you can now assign different functions to the 6 switches located in the last row of bass buttons.
- Keyboard, Bass & Bellows
- Right hand
- 92 buttons, velocity-sensitive, Master Bar with aftertouch
- Left hand
- 120 bass buttons, with velocity standard, Free Bass mode, Orch. Bass, Orch. Chord, Orch. Free Bass
- Treble Modes
- C Griff Europe, C Griff 2, B Griff Bajan, B Griff Fin, D Griff 1, D Griff 2
- Free Bass Modes
- Minor 3rd, Bajan, Fifth, North Europe, Finnish
- Bass & Chord Modes
- 2 Bs Rows, 3 Bs Rows A-7th, 3 Bs Rows A-5dim, 3 Bs Rows B-7th, 3 Bs Rows B-5dim, 3 Bs Rows Bx
- New pressure sensor for better sensitivity and Advanced Physical Behaviour Modelling such as detection of bellows opening/closing
- Bellow curve
- Fixed Low. Fixed Med, Fixed High, X-Light, Light, Standard, Heavy, X-Heavy
- Bellows resistance regulator
- Wheel with fine adjustment
- Sound Source
- Max Polyphony
- 128 voices
- Wave ROM
- 64 Mbyte Wave ROM
- 80 Accordion sets, including: 14 Treble registers, 7 Bass/Chord registers, 7 Free Bass registers, 7 Orchestra Free Bass registers, 7 Orchestra Bass registers, 7 Orchestra Chord registers, 49 Orchestral sounds (26 realtime + others selectable by MENU), 128 Drum sounds
- Organ sounds with Harmonic Bar
- Additional sounds
- Uploadable from USB memory and saved on internal memory
- Treble Reed Footages
- Bass Reed Footages
- Chord Reed footages
- Free Bass Footages
- PBM (Physical Behaviour Modelling)
- Stopping-reed growl, closing valve noise, left button voice
- Individual Reed Simulation
- Hysteresis threshold, Expression curve, Pressure variant filter, Pressure variant pitch deviation
- Reed waveform switching
- By bellows acceleration, by note repetition speed
- Bellow opening/closing sound change
- By bellows opening/closing detection
- Musette Tuning
- Micro-Tuning Presets
- 16 types: Off, Dry, Classic, F-Folk, American L/H, North Europe, German L/H, D-Folk L/H, Alpine, Italian L/H, French, Scottish)
- 8 types
- 8 types
- 10 types
- Rotary for orchestral organ sound
- Slow/Fast with Vibrato, Chorus, Overdrive and VK-Rotary
- “Cassotto” and “Sordina” Simulation
- Panel controls
- Knob controls
- Volume, Treble/Bass balance, Reverb, Chorus, Delay
- Data Edit with Enter
- Panel Switches
- Treble Registers
- 14 + Master + Orchestra
- Bass Registers
- Navigation Switches
- Up, Down, Menu/Write, Exit/Jump
- Other switches
- Accordion set Up/Down, Sordina On/Off, Power
- Additional switches
- 6 user assignable function switches on last row of bass buttons
- Operation Mode
- Orchestra Mode
- Solo, Dual, Low. High, Solo M, Dual M, Low M, High M, Low M Trb, High M Trb, Low Trb, High Trb
- -1, 0, 1 for Treble and Orchestra
- Treble register feature
- Orchestra Link, Bass Link, Orchestra Bass Link, Orchestra Chord Link, Orchestra Free Bass Link
- Part Mute
- Treble, Orchestra, Bass
- Percussion sounds with Bass
- For Bass/Orch Bass 2 rows, Chord/Orchestra Chord 4 rows
- MP3 player
- MP3 player from USB memory
- Wave Recorder
- On USB memory
- MIDI functions
- Ext. Seq. Playback.(MIDI In): Treble, Bass Start/Stop MIDI TX: Send Start/Stop by pushing Alpha dial
- 128 x 64 OLED type
- Rated Power Output
- 2 x 25 W RMS
- 10cm x 2 speakers (using Neodymium Transducer Magnets), Tweeters x 2
- Onboard connectors
- Headphone jack (stereo), Output jack: L/Mono (Treble), R/ Mono (Bass), Multi connector (to external FBC-7 power supply/Footswitch unit/battery charger), USB host
- USB host
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack, 24V-4500mAh, External FBC-7 power supply/battery charger: AC117V, AC 230V, AC 240V (50/60hz), AC 220 V (60Hz)
- Power Consumption
- Supplied accessories
- FBC-7 (Power supply/Battery Charger), Owner’s Manual, Straps, Accordion Cloth, Bass Reference caps, Treble Reference caps, Power Cable, 19-pin Multicore cable, Rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack 24V-4500mAh.External FBC-7 Specifications: 5 Programmable Foot switches (set Up /Down Register Up/Down, Sustain), Multi connector (towards Accordion), Expression Pedal jack, MIDI connectors (In, Out, Thru), Output jacks (L/Mono, R), AC Inlet
- Optional Accessories
- V-Accordion Gigbag, FBC-7 Gigbag, Headphones RH-300,RH-200, AMC-4 (Audio/midi cable), AAP-1 (Music Rest and Throne)
- Size and Weight (FR-7x button type)
- 506 mm
- 270 mm
- 405 mm
- 11.7 kg
25 lbs. 13 oz.
Gig Bag for FR-7/FR-5 and FBC-7
Padded carry bag for FR-7/FR-5 series accordions and FBC-7 pedal.
This custom cable allows easy connection to any audio or midi source from your FR-7 or FR-7x.
Accordion Accessory Pack
This accessory pack includes a custom throne and music stand with carry bag.
A state-of-the-art module with high-quality music styles, SMF and audio file playback via USB, and more.
Versatile and portable, the new CM-30 CUBE Monitor delivers 30 watts of audio punch.
A super-lightweight and portable stage amp customized for use with organs and digital pianos.
Comfortable and lightweight open-air headphones optimized for digital pianos.
Light and comfortable headphones with 40mm drivers and rotating earpieces.
Light and comfortable headphones with 45mm drivers and rotating earpieces.
Open Air Headphones
Professional studio headphones with open air design.
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
RH-5 headphones are perfect for electronic musical instruments such as Roland’s digital pianos and V-Drums.
Attractive in-ear headphones with deeper bass and extended frequency performance.
Comfortable, lightweight, and great sounding stereo headphones.
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.