Affordable elegance — the new RP-201 brings Roland’s superb piano sound and hammer-action keyboard into a compact, classy, and affordable instrument. The gorgeous, grand sound is made all the more realistic by resonance-behavior modeling for string, damper, and key-off. A variety of skill-building features are onboard the RP-201, including metronome, recorder, and Twin Piano mode for side-by-side teacher/student sessions. The friendly panel features dedicated buttons for ease of use and fast navigation, while the instrument’s low power consumption makes it more environmentally friendly without sacrificing output level. Two beautiful cabinet finishes, Satin Black and Rosewood, are offered.
- Highly acclaimed 88-key stereo multi-sampled piano sound
- 128-voice polyphony
- Damper, String, and Key-Off Resonance
- Progressive Hammer-Action alpha ll keyboard
- Dedicated front-panel buttons for ease of use
- Cabinet finish variation includes popular Satin Black and beautiful Rosewood
- Useful music rest with Music Holders
- Environment-friendly; low power consumption without sacrificing output level
- Metronome, Recorder, and Twin Piano features for skill building
Gorgeous Grand Piano
The RP-201 is based on Roland’s acclaimed 88-key stereo multi-sampling, in which the distinctive acoustic properties of each grand-piano key have been faithfully captured. Together with its 128 polyphonic voices, the RP-201’s piano engine performs like a true grand. No matter how fast you play or how much sustain pedal you apply, you needn’t worry about note drop-outs.
Resonance-behavior modeling for string, damper, and key-off makes the RP-201 all the more natural and realistic. Your pedal positions are detected smoothly, letting you constantly vary the tone by changing pedal depth just like an acoustic grand piano.
Progressive Hammer Action
With its Progressive Hammer-Action keyboard (PHA alpha II), the RP-201 has a natural key touch that reproduces the feel and response of an acoustic grand piano. Lower keys are more heavily weighted; as you move up the keyboard, the key weight becomes progressively lighter.
Onboard the RP-201 are useful features for improving your piano skills. The Twin Piano mode splits the keyboard into two identical zones, letting two people sit side by side and play in the same range — great for student/teacher sessions. The onboard metronome and recorder are also great tools for practice.
Friendly to Use, Friendly for the Environment
With the RP-201, nothing gets in the way of creativity. The dedicated, easy-to-access front-panel buttons and music holder enhance ease of use. The low power consumption of the instrument is environmentally friendly without sacrificing output level.
- 88 keys PHA alpha II (Progressive Hammer Action alpha II)
- Touch Sensitivity
- Touch: 5 levels/Fixed Touch
- Keyboard Mode
- Whole, Dual (volume balance adjustable), Split (split point adjustable), Twin Piano
- Sound Generator (88-key Stereo Multi-sampled Piano Sound)
- Max. Polyphony
- 128 voices
- Tones (conforms to GM2/GS/XGlite)
- 306 tones (including 8 drum sets, SFX set)
- 8 types, selectable Temperament Key
- Stretch Tuning
- Master Tuning
- 415.3 to 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Transpose: -6 to +5 (in semitones)
Playback Transpose: -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- Reverb (Off/1 to 10), String Resonance (only for piano tones, Off/1 to 10), Damper Resonance (only for piano tones, Off/1 to 10), Key Off Resonance (only for piano tones, Off/1 to 10)
- 1 track
- Recorder Section: 1 song
Internal Memory: Max. 20 songs
- Note Storage
- Approx. 30,000 notes
- Song Select, Play/Stop, Rec, Previous/Rewinding, Next/Fast-forwarding, Track Mute, Tempo, Tempo Mute, All Song Play, Count-in, Song Volume
- Quarter note = 10 to 500
- 120 ticks per quarter note
- Beat: 2/2, 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
Volume: 0 to 10
- Internal Memory
- Max. 20 songs
- Save Song
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)
- Internal Songs
- 65 songs
- Rated Power Output
- 12 W x 2
- 12 cm x 2
- 7 segments, 3 characters LED
- Damper (capable of continuous detection), Soft (capable of continuous detection, function assignable),
Sostenuto (function assignable)
- Other Function
- Panel Lock, V-LINK
- DC In jack, Pedal connector, Input jacks (L/Mono, R),
Output jacks (L/Mono, R), MIDI connector (In, Out),
Phones jack (Stereo) x 2
- Power Consumption
- 24 W
- Owner’s Manual, AC Adaptor, Power Cord (for connecting AC Adaptor), Headphone Hook, Music Rest, Music Rest attachment screws
- Size and Weight (with music rest installed)
- 1,379 mm
- 424 mm
- 992 mm
- 43.0 kg
94 lbs. 13 oz.
- Size and Weight (with music rest detached)
- 1,379 mm
- 424 mm
- 834 mm
- 43.0 kg
94 lbs. 13 oz.
- Weight includes dedicated stand.
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
A state-of-the-art module with high-quality music styles, SMF and audio file playback via USB, and more.
Carrying Bag for CD-2e
Transport your Roland CD-2e in style.
Comfortable and lightweight open-air headphones optimized for digital pianos.
Light and comfortable headphones with 40mm drivers and rotating earpieces.
Light and comfortable headphones with 45mm drivers and rotating earpieces.
Open Air Headphones
Professional studio headphones with open air design.
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
RH-5 headphones are perfect for electronic musical instruments such as Roland’s digital pianos and V-Drums.
Attractive in-ear headphones with deeper bass and extended frequency performance.
Comfortable, lightweight, and great sounding stereo headphones.
Brochures & Catalogs
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.