Cakewalk and Roland selected only the very best components in designing V-STUDIO 700. At the heart of the system is SONAR 8 Producer, the leading DAW in the market today. SONAR 8 Producer gives you everything you need for recording, composing, editing, mixing, and mastering. Cakewalk’s flagship instruments, Dimension Pro (included in SONAR 8 Producer) and Rapture, are also part of the software package. The software is intelligently matched with state-of-the-art hardware that meets Roland’s high standards of quality and reliability.
Taken as a whole, V-STUDIO 700 offers the “tactile feel” of working in a traditional studio, but in a way that takes advantage of everything modern technology has to offer. The system represents the best that software and hardware have to offer with amazing control, integration, and sound quality.
- The VS-700C Console offers broader ranging control and deeper editing and mixing functionality for SONAR than any control surface on the market today
- The critically acclaimed SONAR 8 Producer digital audio workstation is renowned for its music creation features and industry leading 64-bit audio engine
- VS-700R High-speed USB 2.0 audio interface that provides all the recording and routing capabilities needed to handle any music production task
- The 18/24 I/O module also includes an onboard Fantom VS hardware synthesizer based on the world-renowned Roland Fantom series
Preserve every nuance of your recording using the VS-700R 24-bit/192 kHz I/O. With 18 inputs and 24 outputs, you can capture any performance—from solo artists to large bands. Set-up is hassle free and easy with only one cable to connect to the control surface and one cable to connect to the computer.
The V-STUDIO 700 starts your productions off with the best out of the box sounds you’ll find anywhere. With preset track templates, instantly pull up amazing sounds from included virtual instruments like Beatscape, Rapture, Z3TA+ and Dimension Pro. And with the legendary Roland Fantom hardware synth built right into the I/O, you have countless of inspiring instruments to choose from to sculpt your own original beats and sound.
The VS-700C V-STUDIO Console offers hands-on control of your editing without ever having to use your mouse. With tight integration inside of SONAR, you can make precision edits quickly without ever breaking your workflow. And SONAR 8 Producer includes exclusive technologies like AudioSnap, V-Vocal, Smart MIDI Tools, and Active Controller Technology that allow you to make pinpoint edits quickly.
Mixing and Mastering
VS-700C V-STUDIO Console’s familiar hardware interface gives you such deep hands on control of your mixing that you might even forget that you’re working with a computer. And with 49 effects included in SONAR, and a 64-bit mix engine, your final mixes will get that final polish they need.
Post Production and Surround
The VS-700C V-STUDIO Console offers hands on control of your production environment with everything you need right at your fingertips. Use features like the surround joystick and T-bar for front/rear balance, LFE Send, and Width control. The console also allows you to quickly switch to video control mode with one click of a button and use the T-Bar, Jog & Shuttle Wheel, Transport, and more to control hardware such as EDIROL’s DV-7 line of nonlinear video editors, or any video or image hardware with V-LINK support.
Audio & Video
Introducing the V-STUDIO 700 Digital Audio Workstation.
Quickly and easily create original, mix-ready drum parts for your productions with Session Drummer 3.
Create drum tracks, beats, bass, and synth lines with a click of the mouse using Step Sequencer 2.0.
Record acoustic guitar using the V-STUDIO 700's built in mic preamps for amazing quality.
Add a natural sounding bass part with the integrated Fantom VS synthesizer.
Record pristine-sounding keyboard parts using the included ARX-02 Electric Piano expansion board.
Add ambient sounds to your keyboard tracks with SONAR 8.5's included soft-synth, Rapture.
Learn how to stretch and compress the time of individual audio clips using SONAR 8.5.
Audio Snap 2.0
Set any audio to the tempo of your project, or change the tempo or timing of all the audio in your project all while retaining phase coherency and superior audio quality.
See how easy it is to record vocal tracks and add basic EQ to the final take.
Correct the pitch and timing of vocal tracks with V-Vocal, an exclusive vocal editing tool featuring Roland's state-of-the-art VariPhrase technology.
Using PX-64 Percussion Strip to mix recorded drum tracks.
Using VC-64 Vintage Channel to mix recorded guitar tracks.
Polish your recorded vocal tracks using SonitusEQ, VX-64 Vocal Strip, and Perfect Space.
Mix and record automation using the V-STUDIO 700 as a control surface.
- Hardware Specifications
- Number of Audio Record/Playback Channels
- Record: 19, Playback: 24 (44.1 kHz, 48 kHz) Record: 15, Playback: 20 (88.2 kHz, 96 kHz) Record: 5, Playback: 10 (192 kHz) (*1)
- Signal Processing
- PC interface: 24-bit AD/DA Conversion: 24-bit Internal: 40-bit
- Sampling Frequency
- AD/DA Conversion: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz DIGITAL 1, 2 (IN/OUT): 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT 1-8: -40 to +4 dBu (Pad ON) -60 to -16 dBu (Pad OFF) AUX IN: -60 to -20 dBu (NORMAL) -50 to -10 dBu (Hi-Z)
- 20 dB (ON/OFF)
- Maximum Input Level
- INPUT 1-8: +2 dBu (Pad OFF) +22 dBu (Pad ON) AUX IN: -2 dBu (NORMAL, SENS: min.) +8 dBu (Hi-Z, SENS: min.)
- Input Impedance
- INPUT 1-8: 35 k ohms AUX In: 3 k ohms (NORMAL) 470 k ohms (Hi-Z)
- Head Room
- 18 dB
- Nominal Output Level
- MAIN OUT, SUB OUT, OUTPUT 1-10: +4 dBu (balanced)
- Maximum Output Level
- MAIN OUT, SUB OUT, OUTPUT1-10: +22 dBu (balanced) PHONES 1-2: 100 mW + 100 mW (32 ohms loaded)
- Output Impedance
- MAIN OUT, SUB OUT, OUTPUT1-10: 600 ohms (balanced) PHONES 1-2: 44 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- MAIN OUT, SUB OUT, OUTPUT 1-10: 10 k ohms or greater PHONES 1-2: 32 ohms or greater
- Phantom Power
- DC +48 V (unloaded maximum), 10 mA (maximum load *) All XLR type inputs *Should be less than 50 mA in total
- Frequency Response (INPUT 1-8 to MAIN OUT)
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0 dB/-2 dB (44.1 kHz, 48 kHz) 20 Hz - 40 kHz 0 dB/-2 dB (88.2 kHz, 96 kHz) 20 Hz - 60 kHz 0 dB/-3 dB (192 kHz) 20 Hz - 90 kHz 0 dB/-8 dB (192 kHz) (*1)
- Frequency Response (AUX IN to MAIN OUT)
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0 dB/-2 dB (44.1 kHz, 48 kHz) 20 Hz - 40 kHz 0 dB/-3 dB (88.2 kHz, 96 kHz) 20 Hz - 40 kHz 0 dB/-3 dB (192 kHz) 20 Hz - 90 kHz 0 dB/-12 dB (192 kHz) (*1, *2) * NORMAL/Hi-Z, SENS = min.
- Total Harmonic Distortion +Noise
- INPUT 1-8 to MAIN OUT: 0.07 % typ. (Pad ON, GAIN = min., -1 dB) AUX IN to MAIN OUT: 0.07 % typ. (NORMAL, SENS: min., -1 dB), 0.3 % typ. (Hi-Z, SENS: min., -1 dB) (*2, *3)
- Residual Noise Level
- INPUT 1-8 to MAIN OUT: -81 dBu typ. (Pad ON, GAIN = min., 400 ohms terminated, IHF-A) AUX IN to MAIN OUT: -83 dBu typ. (Pad ON, GAIN = min., 400 ohms terminated, IHF-A) (*2, *3)
- Equivalent Input Noise Level (E.I.N.)
- INPUT 1-8: -123 dBu typ. (Pad OFF, GAIN = max.,400 ohms terminated, IHF-A) AUX IN: -120 dBu typ. (NORMAL, SENS = max., 400 ohms terminated, IHF-A) AUX IN: -108 dBu typ. (Hi-Z, SENS = max., 400 ohms terminated, IHF-A) * Output Connector = MAIN OUT (*2, *3)
- Dynamic Range
- AD block INPUT 1-8: 104 dB typ. (Pad ON, GAIN = min.) AUX IN: 106 dB typ. (NORMAL/Hi-Z, SENS = min.) DA block MAIN OUT, SUB OUT, OUTPUT 1-10: 108 dB typ. (*3)
- Crosstalk@1 kHz
- INPUT 1-8 to MAIN OUT: -98 dB typ. (Pad ON, GAIN = min.) (*2, *3)
- Built-in Sound Generator (Fantom VS)
- Parts: 16 parts Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices Wave Memory: 128 M bytes (16-bit linear equivalent) Preset: Patches 1,152 + 256 (GM2) Rhythm Sets: 19 + 9 (GM2) ARX Series Expansion: 1 slot
- (VS-700C Console) 32 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD) x 2 40 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD) x 1
- Connectors (VS-700C Console)
- AUX IN jack: 1/4 inch phone type, PHONES jacks (PHONES1, 2): Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, FOOT SW jacks (FOOT SW 1, 2): 1/4 inch phone type, USB connector: USB Type B, AC IN
- Connectors (VS-700R I/O)
- INPUT jacks (1-8): XLR type, 1/4 inch TRS phone type, MAIN OUT jacks (L/R): XLR type, SUB OUT jacks (L/R): 1/4 inch TRS phone type, OUTPUT jacks (1-10): 1/4 inch TRS phone type, WORD CLOCK connector (IN, OUT): BNC type, DIGITAL 1 jacks (AES/EBU IN, OUT): XLR type, (COAXIAL IN, OUT): RCA phono type, DIGITAL 2 jacks (ADAT IN, OUT): Optical type, MIDI connectors (IN, OUT), USB connector: USB type B, AC IN *Analog XLR type... 1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD
- Power Supply
- AC 117 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption
- VS-700C Console: 31 W (AC 117 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V) VS-700R I/O: 33 W (AC 117 V) , 39 W (AC 230 V, AC 240 V)
- Power Cord x 2, USB Cable, Special Cable, VS-700R Rack Mount Angle x 2, Getting Started, VS-700 Owner's Manual, SONAR 8 User's Guide, Shortcuts and Quick Keys Guide, SONAR 8 DVD-ROMs, Dimension Pro DVD-ROM, RAPTURE + SONAR V-STUDIO 700 Driver CD-ROM
- Pedal Switch (Roland DP-2)
- System Requirements
- Operating System
- Microsoft®Windows Vista®, Windows Vista®x64, Windows®XP Professional
- Windows compatible computer equipped with a USB 2.0 (Hi-SPEED USB) port
- Intel®Pentium®4 3.0GHz or higher, Core2Duo, Core2Quad recommended
- Memory (RAM)
- 2 GB or higher
- Hard Disk Space
- 30 GB or higher
- Hard Disk Type
- 7,200 RPM or higher/SATA
- Graphics (resolution, color depth)
- Minimum: 1024 x 768 16-bit color Recommended: 1280 x 960, 24-bit color or higher
- Required Hardware
- DVD-ROM Drive (Install), CD-R Drive (For CD writing), DVD-ROM, DVD+/-R, or DVD+/-RW Drive (Dual Layer-capable drive required for installation of SONAR 8 Producer content)
- Size and Weight (VS-700C Console)
- 730 mm
- 430.9 mm
- 126.5 mm
- 10.2 kg
22 lbs. 8 oz.
- Size and Weight (VS-700R I/O)
- 433.9 mm
- 348.4 mm
- 87.3 mm
- 5.3 kg
11 lbs. 11 oz.
- *1 ... (** kHz) = Sampling Frequency
*2 ... Internal Direct Monitor Mixer setting Stereo Link ON. Input channel fader. Unity only one channel.
*3 ... At all sampling frequency
* SONAR does not support Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP x64
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.