Guitarists have only dreamed about it until now—BOSS guitar effects and Roland’s breakthrough COSM® modeling built right into powerful hardware and recording software. That’s the V-STUDIO 20. The V-STUDIO 20 matches the simplicity of a portable, hardware recording system with the power, flexibility, and control of modern computer-based recording. Whether you’re at home or on the road, you can easily connect a guitar or mic to the VS-20 hardware and dial up genuine BOSS sounds. Once you’re ready, record directly to your computer for further editing and mixing using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks recording software. Don’t settle for imitations—Roland, Cakewalk, and BOSS are names you can trust to deliver the best recording solutions for today’s musicians.
- Get high-quality recordings with a stereo audio interface
- Compact, portable, and USB bus powered—perfect for mobile recording
- Control your mix and playback with real faders, knobs, and buttons
- Incredible tones from zero latency, hardware COSM® DSP effects with software control
- Easy to understand—hardware matches software with tight integration
- Includes connections for monitors, headphones, pedals, and footswitches
Simple to Use
When you are ready to start recording, the VS-20 hardware makes it easy to start.
- The VS-20 hardware combines a stereo audio interface, control surface, and built-in stereo mics
- Get amazing guitar tones with a Hi-Z input and on-board BOSS-powered, COSM® DSP effects for amp simulation and 4 virtual pedal modules (Compression, Overdrive/Distortion, Chorus/Mod, Delay) including 36 genuine Boss effects and 50 presets
- Record vocals with a phantom powered XLR input and get a great sound with built-in latency free COSM® DSP for harmony, real-time pitch correction, reverb, compression and more
- Hardware and software share a similar user interface and feature controls that make it easy for anyone to record their music
- Compact design and USB bus power make the V-Studio 20 perfect for mobile recording with a laptop or Netbook
36 Genuine BOSS Effects with COSM® Effects Editor
Get amazing guitar tones with a Hi-Z input and on-board BOSS-powered, COSM® DSP effects for amp simulation and 4 virtual pedal modules including 36 genuine Boss effects and 50 presets.
Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Software
Designed for guitarists and singer-songwriters, the bundled Guitar Tracks recording software provides powerful, streamlined recording, editing, mixing, finalizing, and sharing of music.
- Record and playback up to 32 tracks of audio
- Easily arrange, edit, and mix your song
- Includes a suite of 11 stunning effects
- Features the Roland TTS-1 synthesizer
- Jam to 1 GB of loops, songs, and backing tracks
- Tight integration with hardware for flawless recording
Audio & Video
Introducing the V-STUDIO 20, the ultimate recording solution for guitarists and singer-songwriters.
Recording Guitars & Vocals
The V-STUDIO 20 is perfect for guitarists and singer-songwriters who want to record their music easily to a computer.
Backing Tracks & Loops
Build one-of-a-kind compositions with custom presets and backing tracks with Guitar Tracks.
Record & Edit Guitar Tracks
Easily record and edit guitar tracks using the latency-free Hi-Z guitar input.
Record & Edit Vocal Tracks
Easily record and edit vocal tracks using the built-in XLR input with phantom power.
Apply BOSS effects, COSM amp-modeling, and vocal processing to pre-recorded tracks using the Effects Editor.
Mixing Vocal & Guitar Tracks
Mix your vocal tracks by adding effects (EQ, Compression, Reverb, etc) and envelopes inside of Guitar Tracks.
Publish & Share
Export your music as WAV or MP3, and share it with the world using Guitar Tracks.
V-STUDIO 20 Webinar
Cakewalk’s Zac Kenney hosts this exclusive webinar, featuring special guest appearances by Charlie O’Neal and Craig Rawding of The Delta Generators.
- Audio Interface
- Number of Input Channels
- AD/DA Conversion
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
Signal Processing: maximum 24-bit (depending on software)
- Frequency Response
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0/-3 dB)
- Residual Noise Level
- -90 dBu or less
(INPUT: GUITAR/BASS, 47 k ohm terminated, INPUT SENS knob = center, DIRECT MONITOR knob = center, OUTPUT LEVEL knob = center, IHF-A, Typical, Effect = OFF)
- Nominal Input Level
- GUITAR/BASS: -10 dBu, MIC 2: -40 dBu, LINE: -10 dBu
- Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- GUITAR/BASS: 1 M ohm, MIC 2: 4 k ohms, LINE: 10 k ohms
- Output Impedance
- OUTPUT: 2 k ohms, PHONES: 44 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- OUTPUT: 20 k ohms or greater, PHONES: 32 to 100 ohms
- GUITAR/BASS: 1/4 inch phone type, MIC 2: XLR type (balanced/phantom power +48 V), LINE: 1/4 inch phone type, OUTPUT: RCA pin type, PHONES: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, REC, PLAY (FOOT SW): TRS 1/4 inch phone type, EXP PEDAL: TRS 1/4 inch phone type, USB: B type
- Power Supply
- USB Bus Power
- Current Draw
- 320 mA
- Phantom Power
- +48 V/10 mA
- V-STUDIO 20 DVD-ROM(for Windows):
Cakewalk Guitar Tracks 4 (Recording Software), V-STUDIO 20 Software Effects Editor, V-STUDIO 20 USB Drivers, Owner's Manual (PDF) in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch
Owner's Manual in English, USB Cable, Cakewalk Service Information Sheet
- Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U, Dual Foot Switch: BOSS FS-6, Expression Pedal: Roland EV-5 BOSS FV-500L, FV-500H
- System Requirements
- Operating System
- Windows XP (32-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit)
*This product does not support Windows XP Media Center Edition or XP Professional x64.
*When running Vista x64 or Windows 7 x64, Guitar Tracks runs in the 32-bit emulation layer.
*Macintosh computers running Microsoft Windows are not officially supported.
OS requirements on Netbook computers: TBA
- Intel® Pentium® 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon™ XP 1500+ or higher
(Netbook: Intel® Atom® or AMD Athlon Neo™ Processor)
- 512 MB (1 GB or more recommended)
(Netbook: 1 GB)
- Hard Disk Space
- 100 MB for core program (6 GB recommended)
- Video Resolution
- 1024 x 600, 16-bit color screen resolution
- USB Port
- Optical Drive
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
*Software also available via download for Netbook users without DVD drives
- Additional Information:
- An internet connection is required for viewing online video tutorials and for uploading music. Cakewalk Publisher requires you to have available web server space with FTP access privileges. QuickTime support requires QuickTime 7 or higher.
- Size and Weight ( Hardware )
- 299 mm
- 144 mm
- 53 mm
- 760 g
1 lbs. 11 oz.
- 0 dBu = 0.775 V rms
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.