Aggressively processed vocals are common in electronic music today, but producing these effects easily and reproducing them live has been a challenge—until now. With the VT-3 Voice Transformer, you can smoothly alter pitch and formant in real time to introduce heavily processed vocal sounds into your studio tracks and stage performances with zero hassle. On top of that, the VT-3 looks great and works seamlessly with other products in the AIRA series.
- Create heavily processed vocal sounds in real time
- Smooth control with dedicated Pitch and Formant sliders
- Large dedicated Reverb and Mix Balance sliders
- Save three favorite settings for instant recall
- Connect an optional footswitch for additional control in live performances
- Pure green LEDs and brightly lit controls for great visibility
- Lightweight and durable construction for easy portability
- Standard XLR/TRS combo jack (with phantom power) and 1/8-inch mic jack (with plug-in power)
- Stereo outputs can be configured as separate mono wet/dry channels
- Built-in USB audio interface with loopback recording to overdub vocals on existing tracks
- Great for podcasts and live web streaming
- Powered by USB bus or included AC adapter
The VT-3 is not just for robot voices (although we totally approve of robot voices). It also has the power to transform your voice into synthesizers, synth basses, hard-tuned and lo-fi sounds, and more. The VT-3 can also be subtle and musical, with built-in reverb, smooth wet/dry fader control, and instant bypass.
Transform your voice with different character types:
- Pop and electro sounds with two distinctive Auto-Pitch effects
- Create VP-330-style Vocoder sounds without the need for a keyboard
- Scatter function for glitchy effects that sound like something’s broken (in a good way)
- Loads of lo-fi character with Megaphone and Radio settings
- Synthetic sounding voices with the Robot button
- Synth, Lead, and Bass settings for synths you can sing
Built for creative speed and live performance, the VT-3 is meant to be played. It features high-quality specs and sturdy, brightly lit controls that are dead simple to use. The controls and functions are smooth and immediate, with no popping, clicking, or latency issues to worry about, even when switching presets or changing voice characters. Weighing less than two pounds and small enough to slip into a bag, you can take the VT-3 anywhere.
VT-3 Version 1.1 New Features
Backup and Restore
- Manage your presets with easy backup and restore over USB.
- More Memory — User presets have been doubled to six locations.
- Character Level — Volume levels of each character are more evenly matched for smooth transitions.
- USB MIDI — Control pitch of voice characters, including vocoder, with external MIDI keyboard.
- Low Cut Filter — Cuts low frequency sensing to improve performance of Auto-Pitch characters.
- Noise Gate — Gates noise to reduce chance of feedback or howling sound.
- USB attenuator — Adjusts level of audio over USB.
- Program Change — Change program memory with MIDI controller message.
- Control Change — Control VT-3 functions with MIDI control change messages.
Audio & Video
With roots in the very origins of electronic music, AIRA is the new series of products designed to meet the evolving needs of today's electronic musicians.
AIRA in Miami
The Roland crew hit Miami Music Week with AIRA, and we thought we’d show you some of what happened. We shared AIRA with a lot of big artists, and, as you can see, it caused quite a stir and blew a lot of minds.
Movement Detroit 2014
The Roland AIRA crew headed to Movement in Detroit—a city integral to the history of electronic music and to our history as a company. AIRA gear was in lots of the performance rigs, keeping the music thumping and the crowds jumping.
Analog Circuit Behavior
Go behind the scenes and learn how Roland's newly developed Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) faithfully captures the sound and feel of some our most revered classics.
Artists First Contact
Groundbreaking artists talk about their experiences with Roland instruments and make first contact with the AIRA gear.
Artists Arthur Baker, Ricardo Villalobos, Hardfloor, Netsky, Dr Meaker, A Guy Called Gerald and Boys Noize talk about their experiences with Roland instruments and discuss the joys and challenges of performing electronic music live.
TR-909 Rhythm Composer
Roland engineers discuss the technologies involved in getting the right sounds for the successor to the TR-808. The TR-909 Rhythm Composer evolved from the TR-808, adding digital samples and MIDI. House and Techno were born. Now the next step begins.
TR-808 Rhythm Machine
Roland Engineers discuss the initial concept of the TR-808 which was conceived and built in 1980. Although it was designed to create “backing tracks,” creative musicians started to use the Rhythm Machine as an instrument and music changed forever. Now the evolution begins again.
- Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN: -40 to -12 dBu (variable)
- Input Impedance
- MIC IN (Rear): 4.4 k ohms
MIC IN (Front): 2.2 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- OUT: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- OUT: 1 k ohms
PHONES: 24 ohms
- Scene Memory: 3
- Voice Changer
- Character Type
- Effect Type
- Pitch slider
Mix Balance slider
- Peak indicator
- MIC IN jack (Rear): XLR type (balanced, phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max)
MIC IN jack (Rear): 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced)
MIC IN jack (Front): Stereo miniature phone type (plug-in power)
PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
OUT jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
USB port: USB type B (Audio)
PEDAL jack: 1/4-inch phone type
DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor or obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw
- 380 mA
- Owner's manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, FS-5U
Pedal switch: DP-2
- Size and Weight
- 210 mm
- 175 mm
- 57 mm
- 690 g
1 lbs. 9 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
Durable metal footswitch available in latching and unlatching types.
Comfortable and lightweight open-air headphones optimized for digital pianos.
Light and comfortable headphones with 40mm drivers and rotating earpieces.
Open Air Headphones
Professional studio headphones with open air design.
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
RH-5 headphones are perfect for electronic musical instruments such as Roland’s digital pianos and V-Drums.
Attractive in-ear headphones with deeper bass and extended frequency performance.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.