- Performance-oriented Groovebox (sequencer/sound module) with all-new interactive design
- Easy operation using touch-sensitive D-Field with three distinct modes
- SOUND makes playing patterns and sound effects easy by touching the D-Field
- XY provides simultaneous control over two parameters (e.g. filter cutoff + resonance)
- SPIN creates turntable-style effects by tracing the pad in a circular motion
- 600 Preset patches and 30 Preset drum kits with waveforms equivalent to the MC-505
- 150 patterns including new 2-Step and R&B styles, plus 240 RPS (Realtime Phrase Sequence) patterns
- Separate Reverb, Delay and MFX sections with Groove-oriented algorithms
- New Step Recording method using D-Field and 32 LEDs
- Megamix function creates new patterns using parts from existing patterns
The D2 puts you in control of the music with its revolutionary D-Field Controller. The D-Field makes playing sounds, controlling patterns and creating effects as easy as rubbing your finger across the surface. Three modes are provided, each with four buttons used to call up various functions.
This mode allows you to play patterns and sound effects by touching the D-Field and includes the following function buttons:
This D-Field mode allows two parameters to be controlled simultaneously and includes the following function buttons:
This mode is for controlling patterns like a turntable by tracing circular motions on the D-Field. The following function buttons are included:
Killer Sounds and All-New Patterns
The D2 includes 600 patches with waveforms inherited from the industry-standard MC-505 Groovebox. These dance-oriented sounds include ultra-phat bass and lead synths, screaming TB-303’s, dance piano and strings, plus 30 floor-pounding drum kits. 150 Preset patterns are included and have been programmed in the latest dance music styles such as 2-Step and drum-intensive R&B. Of course, there’s also plenty of house, techno, hip-hop and drum ‘n’ bass.
Create Your Own Grooves with Megamix
With the D2’s Megamix function, it’s easy to remix patterns into your own creations. Using the D-Field or Value dial, simply call up a phrases from one pattern, such as a bassline, and combine it with a phrase from another pattern. There are no rules, so you could take a drum ‘n’ bass rhythm and combine it with a piano riff from a house pattern. With the D2, anything is possible!
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.