- 76-note professional arranger keyboard with 128-voice polyphony and proprietary VariPhrase elastic audio technology
- Offers 3,649 high-quality sounds, including 116 dynamic drum sets with stereo waveforms and ambient effects
- 48 preset vocal phrases and 16 user-recordable phrases which can be completely manipulated with VariPhrase and incorporated into arrangements
- 128 authentic music styles with access to 64 additional styles via onboard Zip100 drive
- Style Morphing function allows for seamlessly combining existing styles into new ones
- User-friendly operation via graphic touch-sensitive LCD; also displays song lyrics using compatible Standard MIDI Files
- 89 Multi-FX algorithms in addition to dedicated reverb, chorus, EQ processing
D-Beam light-sensing controller and ribbon controller for exciting performance options
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
The VA-76 is Roland’s most powerful and flexible arranger keyboard in history. In addition to its professional synth-weighted 76-note velocity- and aftertouch-sensitive keyboard, this flagship instrument offers a 128-voice sound engine with 3,649 GM2/GS-compatible sounds, plus 116 drum kits using stereo-sampled waveforms and ambient effects for an entirely new level or realism. In addition, the VA-76 provides six dedicated buttons for selecting keyboard modes, plus separate Reverb, Chorus, EQ and 89 multi-effects for processing sounds even further.
A Keyboard that “Sings”
It may sound impossible, but the VA-76 is actually the world’s first 76-note arranging keyboard that “sings.” Using a proprietary VariPhrase sound engine, the VA-76 lets you add realistic vocal performances to your arrangements, with independent, realtime control over the vocals’ pitch, time and formant. Assignable to the Upper and Lower parts, the VariPhrase section allows players to re-pitch, re-phrase or re-harmonize any of 48 onboard vocal samples as they play.
You can even record a VariPhrase performance directly to an existing SMF (Standard MIDI File), imbedding vocal phrases into your music. And with 6MB of onboard sample RAM, the VA-76 can also store up to 16 user-sampled vocal phrases; additional VariPhrase samples can be loaded via the internal Zip100 drive using the included ZIP disk or the optional VP-Z-Series VariPhrase Sound Library disks.
Powerful Arranging and Composing Features
As an arranger keyboard, the VA-76 excels: There are 128 preset styles covering a wide variety of musical genres—all with uncanny realism. Up to 64 additional styles can be loaded using the internal Zip100 drive or via floppy drive. Any of these styles can be further customized using the Style Orchestrator and Style Morphing function, which lets you seamlessly blend one style into another.
For quick composition, the VA-76 offers a simple 2-track Song Recorder; a professional 16-track sequencer can be used for building more complete arrangements. You can even create custom styles using the 8-part SMF-to-Style converter, while the VA-76’s ability to import “.txt” files lets you type lyrics on a PC for playback on the VA-76’s backlit LCD.
Designed for Simplicity
The VA-76 uses a large icon-based touchscreen for easy navigation, and can even display song lyrics of compatible SMF disks. Two programmable pads and five Super Tones buttons make recalling frequently used sounds easy, while a Virtual Band function assists in optimal instrument setup. And with cool performance features including a ribbon controller and light-sensing D-Beam, you can add more expression to your music using hand and body movements—a real crowd pleaser!
Connections to the VA-76 include a stereo 1/4-inch audio input, four individual 1/4-inch audio outputs, Metronome output, MIDI In/Out/Thru, plus Sustain and Expression Pedal inputs, a Footswitch input and a dedicated input for the optional FC-7 Foot Controller (with programming capabilities). Add it all up, and you’ve got the most powerful, professional and head-turning arranger keyboard on the market today.
*All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- 76 keys, Weighted synthesizer action, velocity sensitive, Aftertouch
- User Program
- PCM Sound Generator
- Max. Polyphony
- 3,646 including 116 Drum Kits (GM2/GS compatible)
- Variphrase Sound Generator
- Max. Polyphony
- 48 (16MB on ROM)
- Sampling Phrases
- 16 (8MB on ROM)
- 320 x 240 Backlit LCD, 1/4 VGA Touch Screen
- Panel Controls
- Alpha Dial Data/Tempo Contoroller, D Beam Controller, Pitch Bender/Modulation Lever, Touch Controller (Ribbon Controller), Two Programmable pads, Master Volume knob, Keyboard/Accomp Balance knob, MFX knob (Multi Effect Control)
- ROM = 128, Disk Link from ZIP =64, Disk User Style (loadable on RAM), Acoustic Styles = 16, 8-track User Style Composer, SMF to Style Converte
- Real Time SMF Player Easy 2-track Live Recorder, 16-track Sequencer, Song header post edit, Lyric on display, Text import/export, Text to lyrics synchronization
- Reverb: 8, Chorus:8, Delay: 10. Parameter EQ: 1, DSP: 89
- Data Storage
- ZIP IDE/ATAPI, 3.5” FDD
- Type of files managed
- Style, Song SMF, User Program, MIDI Set, VariPhrase Sample File.txt
- MIDI (In, Out, Thru), Output 1 (L/Mono, R), Output 2 (L, R), Metronome Output
- Power Supply
- AC 117/230/240 V
- Zip disk, Music Rest
- Dynamic MIDI Pedal (PK-5A), Foot Controller (FC-7), Pedals (DP-8/2)
- Size and Weight
- 1,264 mm
- 49-13/16 inches
- 408 mm
- 16-1/16 inches
- 142 mm
- 5-5/8 inches
- 19.7 kg
- 43 lbs. 7 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Full-size real wooden pedals with onboard expression and damper pedals.
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
Durable metal footswitch available in latching and unlatching types.
Durable pedals for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
Tank-tough diecast pedals designed to meet the needs of the most demanding players.
Brochures & Catalogs
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.