- Tabletop workstation which combines phrase sampling, multitrack recording, mixing and mastering directly to built-in recordable CD drive-a world's first
- Digital multitrack recorder section can record 2 tracks simultaneously to onboard CD-RW, 8 tracks total
- Load .wav files or sample audio phrases on built-in Sample Pads for fast loop construction
- Create music with samples and multitrack recording simultaneously
- Onboard phrase sample tools provide easy waveform editing, high-quality time-stretching, BPM syncing, and more
- 5 minutes high-quality sampling time standard; expandable to 43 minutes using optional 128MB DIMM chip
- Phrase Sequencer and Rhythm Guide/Drum Machine allow quick sample sequencing and song construction
- 4 stereo effects processors include COSM¨ guitar multi-effects, Groove effects, studio effects, Mastering Tool Kit and more
- CD Creation mode for writing directly to CD-R from stereo audio inputs-perfect for re-mastering vinyl records or cassette tapes to CD
A CD-Recording Workstation for a New Generation
The breakthrough CDX-1 DiscLab is a phrase sampler/digital multi-trackrecorder with built-in effects and CD-RW drive, which means it can handle the entire process of modern music production—from sampling and 8-track recording to effects processing, mixing and mastering your final CD. As the world’s first workstation that can perform multi-track recording directly to rewritable CD’s, the DiscLab is ideal for musicians, DJs, songwriters and more.
Cool Sampling Features
The DiscLab can store and recall up to 64 samples via eight onboard sample pads (using eight banks). These samples can be recorded from live inputs or pulled from tracks recorded to the multitrack recorder section—or even directly loaded via the internal CD-RW drive using audio CDs/CD-ROMs containing .WAV files. Sampled phrases can then be truncated, looped, normalized—even time compressed—using editing functions equal to that of Roland’s popular SP-808EX e-Mix Studio. Put all these sampled phrases together using the Sequence track. Best of all, the onboard sampling memory can be expanded optional DIMM memory, allowing you to store up to approximately 40 minutes of samples alone!
Powerful Multi-Track Recording and Effects
The CDX-1’s 8-track recorder section is perfect for recording live input sources such as a microphone, synthesizer or guitar. Up to eight tracks can be recorded (two simultaneously) using 24-bit converters for pristine sound quality—all directly to the internal CD-RW drive. All audio tracks and samples can be processed through the CDX-1’s dual stereo effects processors, which include useful algorithms such as COSM Guitar Multi for recording guitars direct, Center Cancel effect for removing vocals, and Groove effects for dance music creation.
CD Recording—the Final Step
Once audio tracks and samples have been recorded, you can simply mix down to the built-in stereo Master track. Then, by ejecting the original CD-RW disk and replacing it with a blank CD-R disc, you can burn a playable CD while taking advantage of a special Mastering Tool Kit—complete with split-frequency compression and 4-band EQ—giving you professional-sounding masters. The DiscLab can even burn CDs directly from the stereo inputs, making it a great tool for re-mastering vinyl records and your favorite cassette tapes to CD.
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.