- Self-contained 24-bit, 18-track digital recording workstation with built-in digital mixing, effects processing and
- CD-burning capabilities
- 10GB hard drive for massive recording time
- Built-in CD-RW drive for creating audio CDs and data backup
- 18-track simultaneous playback, 8-track simultaneous recording with 288 Virtual Tracks, or "v-tracks"
- 28-channel, fully automated digital mixer (18 tracks + 10 input channels)
- Onboard effects including cosm modeling, Mastering Tool Kit and more
- Accepts additional VS8F-2 card for up to 4 stereo/8 mono effects
- CD-RW Mastering button with CD Writing Mode for quicker CD burning
- New CD Capture function for importing audio directly from CD
- Onboard Auto-Mix function for creating perfect mixes
Though capable of playing 18 tracks at mixdown, the VS-1824CD can record up to 288 tracks per project using “Virtual Tracks.” So whether trying alternate takes and solos, or “comping” the perfect vocal track, you’ll never run out of space. And with 28 channels of automated digital mixing with Scene recall, you can create polished mixes just like the pros.
Built-In Hard Drive and CD-RW
With a 10GB hard drive, the VS-1824CD has enough space to record an entire album’s worth of music. Not just large in capacity, this special drive was carefully selected to ensure optimum performance for recording and playing back digital audio. And with a high-speed CD-RW drive built-in, it’s the first V-Studio to offer a complete, portable digital recording and mastering solution.
*Note that internal hard drive is not user-replaceable.
Onboard COSM Effects
The VS-1824CD includes effects ranging from dynamics, EQ, reverb and delay to chorus, flanger, Voice Transformer, COSM Guitar Amp Modeling and more. And with COSM Mic Modeling—now optimized for the AKG C 3000B—you can use a variety of studio microphones without having to own them all! Want more effects? Just add an optional VS8F-2 Effects Expansion Board for a total of four stereo/eight mono effects.
Expanded CD Functions
With the VS-1824CD, getting your music on CD is easy. Just mix down to the Master Track using the Mastering Tool Kit, and press the CD-RW Mastering button! You can even “rip” audio with the new CD Capture function—great for importing loops or creating mix CDs. And with the new CD Writing Mode, you can record in Audio CD Format for even faster burning.
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.