The VS-2480 24-track Digital Studio Workstation is the first self-contained recording workstation to offer 24-track/24-bit digital recording with 64-channel digital mixing, onboard effects processing and optional CD burning. This revolutionary workstation also boasts 17 motorized faders, a VGA monitor output, plus mouse and ASCII keyboard inputs-taking the V-Studio concept to an entirely new level.
- World's first self-contained 24-track/24-bit/96kHz digital recording workstation with onboard effects and optional CD-burning capabilities
- 24-track playback; 16-track simultaneous recording with 384 v-tracks
- "Drag-and-drop" editing using included mouse; also accepts ASCII keyboard (optional)
- 64-channel, fully automated digital mixer with 17 motorized faders
- Dynamics processing and 5-band EQ on every channel
- Professional-quality connections including 8 XLR/16 balanced trs mic/line inputs
- 2 stereo effects processors (expandable to 8 stereo, 16 mono) including cosm¨ Mic, Speaker and Guitar Amp modeling, plus Mastering Tool Kit
- 24-voice Sample Phrase Pads for triggering and arranging samples directly from disk
- Dual 8-channel r-bus ports for expandable I/O in a variety of analog and digital formats; smpte and word clock input
- Compatible with large-capacity 3.5" IDE hard drives (up to 128GB)
- VGA Moniitor output with stellar graphics, including mouse-based waveform editing and control
- Tracks: 24, V-tracks: 384 (16 V-Tracks per each Track)
- Sample Rate
- 96.0/88.2/64.0/48.0/44.1/32kHz *Adjustable range with vari-pitch function, 22.00kHz to 98.00kHz (at 96kHz), 22.00kHz to 50.00kHz (at 48kHz)
- Max. Simultaneous Recording/Playback Tracks
- Sample Rate 48/44.1/32kHz: [16tr.Rec/16tr.Play(M24, M16, CDR), 16tr.Rec/24tr.Play(MTP,MT1/2, LIV, LV2)
Sample Rate 96/88.2/64kHz: [8tr.Rec/8tr.Play(M24, M16, CDR), 8tr.Rec/12tr.Play(MTP,MT1/2, LIV, LV2)
*Depending on the organization of the song data or the disk drive performance etc., the number of tracks which can be simultaneoulsly recorded or played back may be limited.
- Frequency Response
- 96.0kHz:20Hz to 40kHz (+0dB/-2dB), 88.2kHz:20Hz to 40kHz (+0dB/-2dB), 48.0kHz:20Hz to 22kHz (+0dB/-2dB), 44.1kHz:20Hz to 20kHz (+0dB/-2dB), 32.0kHz:20Hz to 14kHz (+0dB/-2dB)
- 200 projects in each partition
- 1000 per project
- 100 (10 x 10 banks) per project
- 100 (10 x 10 banks) per project
- 999 Undo/1 Redo
- 4-band (2 schelving + 2 peaking) * Useful simultaneously at up to 48ch in both Input Mixer and Track Mixer
- Dynamic Processor
- Compressor, Expander *Useful simultaneously at up to 48ch in both Input Mixer and Track Mixer. Compressor+Expander *Useful simultaneously at up to 24ch in Input Mixer or Track Mixer. *If this type is used at Mixer section, Dynamics cannot be used in the other Mixer.
- Max. 8 stereo (One pre-installed + 3 more optional VS8F-2)
- 320 x 240 dots Graphic LCD (with backlit)
- Power Consumption
- 80W (AC 117/230/240V)
- Demo CD, PS/2 Mouse, Short Cut Seal, AC Cord
- Size and Weight
- 620 mm
- 24-7/16 inches
- 520 mm
- 20-1/2 inches
- 138 mm
- 5-7/16 inches
- 13.4 kg
- 29 lbs. 9 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.