XP-80: Music Workstation
The 76-note XP-80 is an integrated workstation with 64-voice polyphony, 16-part multitimbral capabilities and Roland's acclaimed 32-bit RISC chip processor for integrated sequencing, arrangement and synth layering possibilities. Expansion slots accommodate any four of the SR-JV80-Series expansion boards simultaneously.
- Pro-quality 76-note weighted-action workstation keyboard, velocity/aftertouch-sensitive
- 64-voice polyphony, 16-part multitimbral capabilities
- 8 MB of internal waveform memory; 40 MB and more than 1,500 Patches when fully expanded
- Accommodates up to four SR-JV80-Series expansion boards simultaneously
- 16-track MRC-Pro sequencer with direct-from-disk playback
- New sequencer functions like "non-stop" loop recording for added ease
- Huge 320x80 full-dot backlit LCD for instant verification of all parameters
- Onboard sequencer memory: 100 patterns, one song, 60,000 notes
- Advanced arpeggiator including MIDI sync and guitar strum mode
- Realtime Phrase Sequence (RPS) for on-the-fly triggering
- 42 insert effects: reverb, chorus, delay, ring modulation, distortion, etc.
- Two pairs of independent stereo outputs
- Quick Palette with four assignable sliders; Click out with volume knob
- Collection of dedicated function buttons for increased operational ease
- Note that this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilities can be found in the Fantom workstation.
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Owner’s Manuals and Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.
- Basic Sequencing for the XP-80
- XP-80 Frequently Asked Questions
- XP-80 TurboStart
- XP-80 Basic Sequencing
- XP-60/-80 Advanced Sequencing
- XP-60/-80 Patch Listing
- XP-60/-80 Waveform Listing