VG-8: V-Guitar System
The Roland VG-8 is a breakthrough guitar processor that uses advanced modeling technology to emulate the most popular guitars and amplifiers in music history. Using Roland’s Composite Object Sound Modeling (COSM) technology, the VG-8 combines multiple "sound objects"—like double-cutaway guitar bodies, vintage tweed amplifiers, and humbucking pickups—to create a perfect reproduction of these components that can be played from any steel-stringed guitar with a Roland GK-2A pickup. The VG-8 also has a built-in polyphonic pitch shifter for creating 12-string guitars and open tunings as well as a complete digital effects processor and parametric EQ.
- 128 Preset Patches, 64 User Patches
- VGM (Variable Guitar Modeling) provides multiple sound object models including guitars, pickups, amps, cabinets, microphones and even mic placement
- HRM (Harmonic Restructure Modeling) for creating new synth-type sounds
No tracking delay – through the GK-2A pickup, the VG-8 converts the actual waveform produced by each string into a totally new sound in realtime
- Polyphonic intelligent pitch shifter for 12-string guitars, open tunings, bass guitar emulation, etc.
- High-speed digital effects processing including reverb, chorus, hexa-pan, delay and parametric EQ – all simultaneously
- Note that this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilities can be found in the VG-88 V-Guitar System.
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Owner’s Manuals and Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.
- VG-8 TurboStart