- Affordable electronic drum practice pad consisting of RP-2 8" V-Practice Pad and RM-2 Rhythm Coach sound module
- Tensionable mesh head pad offers natural, acoustic feel and silent triggering
- Includes 28 drum sounds for more realistic practice
- Onboard metronome with human voice count and rhythm training exercises
- 2 pad inputs for kick and snare triggering, two players or a dual-trigger mesh V-Pad
- Mix input for practicing with a CD or other audio source
- Battery or AC operation
- Optional PDS-2 Pad Stand available separately
- *Note that the RP-2 and RM-2 can also be purchased individually.
Thanks to its patented mesh head design, the 8-inch RP-2 V-Practice Pad delivers the same natural feel of an acoustic snare drum, but with silent triggering so students can practice without disturbing others. There’s even a built-in metronome with a choice of eleven sounds like human voice count, and a unique visual display which shows whether you’re ahead or behind the beat.
Cool Practice Functions
In addition to the built-in metronome, the Rhythm Coach is also programmed with rhythm training exercises to develop a student’s timing, speed and stamina. For example, the “Quiet Count” exercise plays the metronome loud for eight bars and then quiet for another eight bars. This helps students improve their timing while learning to rely less on the metronome. And it’s just one of several fun exercises available!
Realistic Drum Sounds
Unlike traditional practice pads which make no sound, the Rhythm Coach includes a choice of 28 drum sounds for more realistic and enjoyable practice sessions. Combined with the RP-2’s mesh head design, there’s never been a better way to perfect drumming techniques like rolls and paradiddles.
Room To Grow
With two dual-trigger inputs on the RM-2 module, you can connect the RP-2 V-Practice Pad and a separate kick drum pad—like Roland’s KD-7—for practicing snare and kick together. You can even play along with CDs or other audio sources using the RM-2’s external audio input. An optional PDS-2 Pad Stand can be purchased separately for more comfortable practice.
- RM-2: RHYTHM COACH
- Maximum Polyphony
- 4 voices (including 1 voice for Metronome)
- Internal Sounds
- Pad inst: 28, Metronome inst: 11
- Panel Control
- Volume knob: 1, Function select buttons: 5, Power switch: 1
- Trigger input jack: 2 (stereo 1/4 inch phone type x 1, 1/4 inch phone type x 1), Phones/Output jack: 1 (stereo miniature phone type), Mix in jack: 1(miniature phone type), AC adaptor jack
- Power Supply
- Dry battery (LR6 (AA) type x 4) or DC 9V, AC adaptor * Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: 10 hours (This figure will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Current Draw
- 150 mA
- 148 (W) x 96 (D) x 62 (H) mm / 5-7/8 (W) x 3-13/16 (D) x 2-1/2 (H) inches
- 340 g / 12 oz (with batteries), 240 g / 9 oz (without batteries)
- RP-2: V-PRACTICE PAD
- Pad Size
- 8 inches
- 1 (Head)
- 264 (W) x 297 (D) x 60 (H) mm / 10-7/16 (W) x 11-3/4 (D) x 2-3/8 (H) inches
- 890 g / 2 lbs
- Stand Screw Size
- RMP-1: RHYTHM COACH PACK
- (RM-2 and RP-2) 264 (W) x 350 (D) x 62 (H) mm / 10-7/16 (W) x 13-13/16 (D) x 2-1/2 (H) inches
- (including batteries) 1.2 kg / 2 lbs 12 oz
- Dry battery (LR6 (AA) type) x 4, RM-2/RP-2 mounting screw x 2, Connection cable (0.2 m or 7 - 7/8 inches), Tuning key, Owner's manual
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Brochures & Catalogs
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.