The VS-1680 Digital Studio Workstation represents the new definition of recording power: a 16-track, 24-bit audio recording, editing, mixing and effects processing system in a compact tabletop workstation. With its advanced features, amazing sound quality and intuitive new user interface, the VS-1680 is a bold step forward in professional audio recording.
- 16 tracks of hard disk audio recording; 256 Virtual tracks (16 tracks x 16 V-tracks) to freely record different ideas and arrangements
- 24-bit MT Pro Recording Mode for massive headroom and dynamic range—a first in its class
- Huge 320 x 240 dot graphic LCD provides simultaneous level meters, play list, EQ curves, EFX settings, waveforms, and more
- 20-bit A/D, D/A converters for pristine sound
- 2 optional 24-bit stereo multi-effects processors (VS8F-2) provide up to 8 channels of independent effects processing
- New EZ Routing function allows users to create and save various recording, mixing, track bouncing and other comprehensive mixer templates for instant recall
- 10 audio inputs: 2 balanced XLR-type inputs w/ phantom power, 6 balanced 1/4" inputs, and 1 stereo digital input (optical/coaxial)
- 12 audio outputs: 8 RCA-type outputs (Master L/R, Aux.A L/R, Aux.B L/R, Monitor L/R), and 2 stereo digital outputs (1 optical, 1 coaxial) plus Phones output
- Dedicated LED buttons and an elegant user interface for simplified operation
- Direct audio CD recording and data backup using built-in SCSI port and optional compatible CD-R drive
- Note that this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilities can be found in the VS-1824CD 24-bit Digital Studio Workstation.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.