VS-1880: 24-bit Digital Studio Workstation
The VS-1880 Digital Studio Workstation re-sets the standard in professional and affordable hard disk recording studios. This complete tabletop workstation packs all the features of the best-selling VS-1680 Digital Studio Workstation and adds some exciting new enhancements, including 18-track playback, 24-bit A/D-D/A converters, and faster CD mastering through a dedicated CD-RW Mastering button.
- Self-contained 24-bit, 18-track digital recording workstation with built-in digital mixing, optional effects processing, and CD-burning capabilities
- 18-track simultaneous playback, 8-track simultaneous recording with 288 Virtual Tracks
- 28-channel, fully automated digital mixer (18 tracks + 10 input channels)
- 24-bit A/D-D/A converters for superb sound quality, particularly when used in 24-bit MT Pro recording mode
- Optional effects include world-renowned Roland COSM modeling for guitar amps, microphones, speaker modeling, mastering tool kit, reverbs, space chorus, vintage effects and lots more
- Dedicated CD-RW Mastering button for instant access to CD-burning menus
- Onboard Auto-Mix function for creating perfect mixes
- Faster CD Writing Mode records in Audio CD Image Format
- Accepts up to 2 optional VS8F-2 Effect Expansion Boards for up to 4 stereo/8 mono effects
- Advanced editing functions like strip silence and back time editing
- Note that this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilities can be found in the VS-1824CD 24-bit Digital Studio Workstation.
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.
In addition, we have a library of Owner’s Manuals and Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below.
- An Introduction to Recording Your Own CD
- VS-1880 TurboStart
- VS Series Compatible Media Guide
- VS8F-3 Workshop 01: Mastering the Mastering Tool Kit
- This booklet takes you deep into the heart of the VS8F-3’s Mastering Tool Kit, or “MTK,” plug-in, explaining how to produce tight, punchy CDs from your finished mixes. You’ll find detailed explanations of the MTK’s EQ and dynamics processors, and a wealth of advanced tips.