The SP-808 Groove Sampler is the first product of its kind—a sampling and recording workstation which is one part professional-quality phrase sampler; one part hard disk audio recorder. Developed to meet the needs of a growing "remix" and sampling-based music market, the SP-808 provides everything DJs, sampling musicians and remix artists need to lay down fat grooves and create professional-quality remixes.
- Professional remix-oriented phrase sampler/hard disk audio recorder with 8 tracks (4 stereo audio tracks) and 16 assignable sample pads per bank (64 banks total)
- Built-in Zip drive records all audio tracks and stores all samples on removable 100MB Zip disks; 64 minutes/1024 samples can be stored on a single disk, ready for instant access
- Remix-oriented features include automatic tempo calculation and display, resampling functions and time stretch functions
- Onboard dance-music oriented effects include high-quality Roland reverb, chorus and delay effects as well as "Lo-fi," "Wah," "Isolator" and synth effects
- Onboard Step Modulator effect simulates a classic Roland analog synth, modulating pitch, LFO, etc. in sequential steps
- Revolutionary Dual D-Beam Controller allows for effects and sample control via hand and body movement over infrared light beam
- Three assignable control knobs for realtime effects control
- Can be used as a basic digital multi-track recorder
- Optional I/O board transfers all audio in the digital domain and provides 6 additional analog outputs
- Note that this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilties can be found in the SP-808EX e-Mix Studio®.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.