The BR-900CD is one of the world’s most popular, easy-to-use portable multi-track recorders. With Version 2, BOSS takes the best BR features and expands it with dozens of new COSM® guitar-amp models, plus a super-cool new drum-editing software app and 500 minutes of recording time via 1GB Compact Flash.
- 8-track recorder with CD burner
- 2 XLR phantom-powered mic inputs
- 46 types of BOSS GT-Pro class COSM® amps onboard
- 1 GB Compact Flash card included for 500 track-minutes of recording time
- Pro-quality effects for every instrument type, plus mastering and pitch correction
The Best Gets Better
With the same reliable and ultra-friendly operation as BOSS’s highly popular BR-864, the BR-900CD takes three big steps forward by increasing the front-panel fader count from four to eight, and adding a built-in CD-RW drive and Pitch Correction to the feature set. The BR-900CD is compatible with CompactFlash cards up to 1GB capacity, which provides up to 500 minutes of record time (standard mode) in one shot. Even with all of these great new features, the unit’s footprint remains small for ease of travel.
Expanded Recording Time
No need to worry about track- record lengths. With a 1GB Compact Flash card onboard, the BR-900CD Version 2 provides up to 500 minutes of recording time.
New COSM® Amps Onboard
It’s a dream collection for guitarists. Direct from BOSS’ top-of-the-line GT-Pro come 46 types of COSM® guitar-amp models. Simply plug in and explore an amazing treasure trove of tone without the cost and hassle of dealing with physical amplifiers.
New Ways to Groove
The original BR-900CD was equipped with a built-in drum machine.Version 2 has a virtual drummer onboard as well, but with an advantage: a downloadable graphical Rhythm Editor software forcreating rhythm pattern and arrangements visually via Mac or PC. It’s the best of both worlds.
Connect the BR-900CD to the outside world with one convenient USB connection. Import and export audio files and song data quickly and easily. Need to add some drum loops or vocal samples to your song? Simply drag and drop your favorite WAV files from USB-equipped computer directly into the BR-900CD. Conversely, you can export audio that you’ve created internally on the BR-900CD to computers.
- Track: 8
V-Track: 64 (8 V-Tracks per each Track)
* Up to 2 tracks can be recorded simultaneously, and up to 8 tracks can be played back simultaneously.
- Useful Capacity
- CompactFlash: 32 MB to 1 GB
- Data Type
- HiFi (MT2)
- Signal Processing
- AD Conversion: 24 bit delta-sigma Modulation + AF-AD (GUITAR/BASS, MIC), 24 bit delta-sigma Modulation (LINE, SIMUL)
DA Conversion: 24 bit delta-sigma Modulation
Internal Processing: 24 bit (digital mixer section)
- Sample Rate
- 44.1 kHz
- Frequency Response
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1/-3 dBu)
- Nominal Input Level (Variable)
- GUITAR/BASS jack: -20 dBu
MIC (TRS balanced/XLR) jack: -40 dBu
LINE jack: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- GUITAR/BASS jack: 1 M ohms
MIC 1/2 jack: 1.0 k ohms (HOT-COLD)(TRS balanced/XLR), 1.0 k ohms (HOT-GND, COLD-GND)
LINE jack: 10 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- LINE OUT jack: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- LINE OUT jack: 2 k ohms
Headphones jack: 140 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- LINE OUT jack: 20 k ohms or greater
Headphones jack: 32 to 100 ohms
- Residual Noise Level
- LINE OUT jack: -85 dBu or less (INPUT SELECT: GUITAR/BASS, input terminated with 1 k ohms, INPUT SENS: CENTER, IHF-A, typ., EFFECT: OFF)
- DIGITAL OUT: Optical type
- 16 Characters x 2 Lines + Approx. 100 icons (Backlit LCD)
- GUITAR/BASS jack (1/4 inch phone type)
MIC 1 jacks (XLR type/TRS 1/4 inch phone type, Balanced)
MIC 2 jacks (XLR type, Balanced)
LINE IN jack L/R (RCA Phono type)
LINE OUT jack L/R (RCA Phono type)
DIGITAL OUT Connector (Optical type)
FOOT SW/EXP PEDAL jack (1/4 inch phone type)
MIDI OUT Connector
Headphones Jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V; Supply AC Adaptor (PSC series), Dry batteries x 6
- Current Draw
- 900 mA (AC Adaptor)
200 mA (Dry Batteries)
* Expected battery life under continuous use:Alkaline: 4 hours(These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- AC Adaptor: PSC series
- Foot Switch: FS-5U
Pedal Switch: DP-2 (Roland)
Expression Pedal: EV-5 (Roland), FV-300L
Stereo Headphones: RH-200/RH-50
- Size and Weight ( excluding batteries )
- 351 mm
- 13-7/8 inches
- 225 mm
- 8-7/8 inches
- 69 mm
- 2-3/4 inches
- 2.2 kg
- 4 lbs. 14 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775V rms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
Durable metal footswitch available in latching and unlatching types.
Two switches in one, BOSS’s new FS-6 combines latch- and momentary-type switching into one unit.
Durable pedals for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
Tank-tough diecast pedals designed to meet the needs of the most demanding players.
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland, BOSS or Cakewalk product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.