- Flagship KR-Series piano with 88-note Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard with Escapement and 128-voice polyphony
- 736 tones with Piano-Designer function, Virtual ToneWheel Organ and Twin Piano mode
- Large Color Touch Screen with VGA/TV out and DigiScore®, Music Clips
- Over 500 Visual Music Assistant titles and 190 internal songs
- 265 Music Styles (many featuring “Live Drummer” and Adaptive Chord Voicing)
- 120W, 6-speaker full-range system with 3D DSP effects and Dynamic Emphasis
- Visual Lesson Education Suite, Wonderland Games, color .BMP export for direct score printing
- USB Memory Key host port for data storage and audio .wav file playback
- External FDD (optional), USB-MIDI, Expression Pedal input, mic input
- Available in the following fine finishes: Oak, Mahogany, Polished Ebony, Polished Fruitwood, Satin Cherry, Satin Walnut
Enjoy a rich, colorful pallet of musical instruments and sounds packed into one keyboard. The KR-107 starts with an authentic and detailed piano that simulates every nuance of a true grand, including the sound of the hammers as they strike the strings and the sounds made as the keys are released. Then explore the hundreds of other sounds onboard the KR-107, including orchestral instruments, guitars, basses, drum kits, and ultra-realistic organs that utilize Roland’s acclaimed tonewheel-modeling technology.
The KR-107 features Roland’s finest Progressive Hammer Action keyboard with Escapement, which reproduces the feel of a true grand piano with firm, weighty touch in the lower registers, lighter response in the upper registers, and the distinctive “click” (escapement) sensation that’s produced when a grand piano’s keys are played. In addition to the KR-107’s adjustable key weight, a Hammer Response function is also included.
The factory piano sounds provided with the KR-107 are stunning in realism and playability, but if you’d like to customize the sounds, the “Piano Designer” feature allows you to do just that. Make adjustments to the piano’s string, damper, and key-off resonance, then save your new pianos for future recall.
This handy feature allows two players to perform simultaneously on the same keyboard. It’s as easy as pressing the front-panel Super Tones button followed by the Twin Piano button on the touchscreen. Four hands of fun!
With its six high-quality internal speakers and amplification system built in, the KR-107 delivers a clear, powerful sound. You’ll be amazed at how rich the sound is, especially when the Advanced 3D spatial effects and Dynamic Emphasis feature (which adds clarity and liveliness) are engaged.
The KR-107 is equipped with a color touchscreen for friendly, visual navigation. Most operations can be carried out easily just by touching the screen. And if you want to display your musical scores or lessons on an even bigger screen for group viewing, the KR-107 comes with external VGA and video outputs for connecting to a separate computer monitor or TV.
DigiScore brings new musical possibilities and enjoyment to playing and practicing the piano. The “Touch The Notes” feature lets you actually touch a note (or series of notes) onscreen for instant audible playback. Explore the handy “Auto-Sync DigiScore” feature, which scrolls the onscreen sheet music in sync with your performance. No more frantic page-turning as you play.
The KR-107’s “Visual Lesson” feature makes practice fun and effective. You can use this tool to score the results of your performances and find out which notes have been played differently than those indicated in the notation.
Songs & Styles
You won’t believe how much music can come from one instrument. The KR-107’s library of onboard Music Styles spans a wide variety of genres, from pop to rock, jazz to gospel, country, and more, all with an incredibly realistic human sound and feel; many of the internal drum and percussion patterns were recorded by master session drummers using Roland’s amazing V-Drums. Bring your next party or performance to life with the dynamic big band, Latin, contemporary or classic favorites built into this instrument.
Wonderland is a colorful learning environment for listening to a variety of instruments and performances, and for playing interactive musical games. Great for students or anyone interested in expanding their musical knowledge.
Visual Music Assistant
There are over 500 Visual Music Assistant songs onboard the KR-107, each with a variety of preset variations, for professional-sounding intelligent accompaniment. Just play a chord, and the accompaniment follows your lead! Settings are displayed in a manner that’s easy to grasp.
Color .BMP Export
Musical notation that you view or create on the KR-107 can be exported to a computer as a color .BMP file. You can also take advantage of the KR-107’s Direct-To-Printer feature, which allows you to save your notation to a USB memory key, and plug it directly into a printer equipped with a “USB Host” feature for quick output. No computer required.
The KR-107 offers a microphone-input jack for karaoke sing-along with Standard MIDI Files. You can also add harmony to your singing, or apply a variety of vocal effects, such as Voice Transformer to dramatically change the sound of your voice.
For the ultimate in entertainment convenience, you can control many of the KR-107’s features from the wireless remote control (included). Select song styles and sounds, change volume and tempo, and more from this handy remote.
Three USB ports are built into the KR-107. One port is dedicated as USB-MIDI interface, providing convenient communication between the KR-107 and computers. Another port is provided for storing and loading songs, Standard MIDI Files, audio (.WAV files), notation, and more via optional USB Flash Memory. The third port is for use with Roland’s optional USB-equipped FD-01A floppy disk drive.
Add functionality and convenience to your KR-107 with the following add-ons from Roland: fd-01A USB Floppy Disk Drive, M-UF 128 USB Memory Key, EV-5 Expression Pedal, CD-2 CF/CD Recorder.
- 88 keys (Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard with escapement)
- Touch Sensitivity
- 100 levels
- Keyboard Mode
Split (adjustable split point)
Piano Style Arranger
Manual Drums / SFX
- Sound Generator (Conforms to GM2 / GS / XG Lite)
- Max. Polyphony
- 128 voices
- Tones (Tone Search by terms and by letters)
- 6 groups 736 variations (including 8 Tone Wheel Organs, 18 drum sets, SFX set)
- 8 types, Tonic selectable
- Stretched Tuning
- 2 types
- Master Tuning
- 415.3 Hz to 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Key Transpose (-6 to +5 in units of semitone)
Playback Transpose (-24 to +24 in units of semitone)
- Reverb (12 types, 127 levels)
Chorus, Rotary and 60 other types,
Advanced 3D, Grand Space,
Dynamic Emphasis (3 types),
Equalizer (5 bands, Master level)
- Music Styles (Style Search by terms and by letters)
- 265 styles in 6 groups x 3 types (Style Orchestrator)
- Music Assistant (Search by terms and by letters)
- Over 500 sets x 6 presets, Visual Music Assistant
- Programmable Music Styles
- Style Converter, Style Composer
- Melody Intelligence
- 24 types
- User Programs
- External Memory
- Max. 99 sets
- Quarter note = 20 to 250
- 2/2, 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
- 10 levels
- Metronome Pattern
- 11 patterns
- Metronome Sound
- 8 types
- 5 tracks / 16 tracks
- 1 Song
- Note Storage
- Approx. 30,000 notes
- 120 ticks per quarter note
- Recording Method
- Realtime (Replace, Mix, Auto Punch In, Manual Punch In, Loop, Tempo), Step (Chord Sequencer), Beat Map
- Copy, Quantize, Delete, Insert, Erase, Transpose, Part Exchange, Note Edit, PC Edit
- Other Functions
- Touch the Notes, Replay, Super Tones, Piano Designer, Visual Lesson, Wonderland/Game, Demo, Audition, Panel Lock, V-LINK, BMP export, User Image Display
- External Storage (USB Flash Memory)
- Playable Software
- Song: Standard MIDI Files (Format 0/1), Roland Original Format (i-Format),
Music Style: MSA, MSD, MSE
Audio File: WAV Format (44.1 kHz 16-bit linear stereo)
- Song: Standard MIDI Files (Format 0), Roland Original Format (i-Format)
Music Style: MSE
- Internal Memory
- Internal Songs (Song Search by terms and by letters)
- Over 190 songs
- User Memory
- Max. 200 songs on Favorites, Max. 99 User Styles, Max. 70 User Program Sets
- Bouncing Beat Indicator, Graphical Color LCD 320 x 240 dot (backlit LCD)
- Grand staff / G Clef staff / F Clef staff, with note name / lyrics / chords / fingering
- English / Japanese / German / French / Spanish
- Yes (built-in, external display, MIDI output)
- One Touch Program
- One Touch Piano, One Touch Arranger
- Vocal Effects
- Echo, Voice Transformer, Vocal Keyboard, Harmonist
- Damper Pedal (half-pedal recognition)
Soft Pedal (half-pedal recognition, functions assignable)
Sostenuto Pedal (functions assignable)
- USB memory connector
Output jacks (L/Mono, R)
Input jacks (L/Mono, R)
Mic Input jack
Headphones jack (Stereo) x 2
MIDI In connector x 2
MIDI Out connector
Ext Display connector (15-pin D-Sub type)
Video Out connector
Expression Pedal Jack
- Rated Power Output
- 60 W x 2
- 20 cm x 2, 5 cm x 2, 10 cm x 2
- Power Supply
- AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption
- 155 W
- Quick Start
Roland 60 Classical Piano Masterpieces
USB Installation Guide
CD-ROM (Roland Digital Piano USB Driver)
Anti-theft lock screws
- USB memory
Floppy Disk Drive
- Size and Weight ( Including the piano stand )
- 1,421 mm
- 56 inches
- 550 mm
- 21-11/16 inches
- 901 mm
- 35-1/2 inches
- 103.0 kg
- 227 lbs. 2 oz.
- Size and Weight ( Including the piano stand and the music rest )
- 1,421 mm
- 56 inches
- 550 mm
- 21-11/16 inches
- 1,116 mm
- 43-15/16 inches
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Durable pedals for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
USB Floppy Disk Drive
External USB Floppy Disk Drive for using 3 1/2 inch Disk Media
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.