BOSS has a long, celebrated history as the world’s premier compact-effects manufacturer, but now the BOSS brand has become synonymous with portable digital recording as well. The latest arrival in the BOSS recording line, the BR-600, is the most physically streamlined, feature-rich eight-track studio on the market.
- Portable and ultra slim!
- 8 simultaneous playback tracks, 64 V-Tracks
- CompactFlash memory card slot for recording media; 128MB card included
- Powerful guitar and effects processor, including vocal FX and pitch corrector
- Built-in drum machine with velocity-sensitive pads
- Built-in stereo microphone and battery power to record anywhere
- USB port for data transfer/computer connectivity
- Carrying case and XLR-to-1/4" mic cable included
8 Tracks & Beyond
The BR-600 provides eight simultaneous playback tracks, but there’s more than meets the eye. Each of the eight tracks also contains eight V-Tracks (virtual tracks), which gives musicians quick access to 64 tracks of recorded material. They can record dozens of takes, and choose their favorites for mixdown.
Tracks can be manipulated with the powerful effects built into the BR-600. Derived from BOSS high-end recorders, these quality algorithms can give even the dullest tracks maximum impact — mistakes can be fixed, mixes can be mastered. Included in the effects suite: COSM® guitar and bass amp models plus chorus, delay, reverb, and EQ for every channel. Pitch correction is provided as well.
Drum Machine Onboard
The BR-600 has a high-quality drum machine built in. Perfect backing tracks can be assembled from the nearly 300 drum/percussion patterns built in, or beats can be programmed from the velocity-sensitive pads. Rock, pop, blues, country, R&B, Latin, and more — kick-start a song from the many styles provided.
Wherever musicians go, the ultra-portable BR-600 is ready to record. It can operate on six AA batteries (or AC). Quality stereo microphones are built in for point-and-capture recording on the spot. Whether for recording band rehearsals, gigs, or capturing ambient sounds, the BR-600 is all musicians need to get the job done with no hassle.
The BR-600 records its CD-quality digital audio direct to the included Compact Flash card, the international standard for reliable, portable storage, and even comes with a custom carrying bag and XLR-to-1/4" mic adapter.
- Track: 8, V-Track: 64 (8 V-Tracks per each Track), Up to 2 tracks can be recorded simultaneously, and up to 8 tracks can be played back simultaneously.
- Useful Capacity
- CompactFlash: 32 M-1 G bytes
- Data Type
- HiFi (MT2), STANDARD (LV1), LONG (LV2)
- Sample Rate
- Frequency Response
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1/-3 dBu)
- Nominal Input Level (Variable)
- GUITAR/BASS jack: -20 dBu, MIC (TRS balanced/XLR) jack: -40 dBu, LINE IN jack: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- GUITAR/BASS jack: 1 M ohms, MIC 1/2 jack: 2 k ohms (HOT-COLD), (TRS balanced/XLR), 1.0 k ohms (HOT-GND, COLD-GND), LINE IN jack: 30 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- LINE OUT jack: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- LINE OUT jack: 2 k ohms, Headphone jack: 140 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- LINE OUT jack: 20 k ohms or greater, Headphone jack: 32-100 ohms
- Residual Noise Level
- LINE OUT jack: -85 dBu or less (INPUT SELECT: GUITAR/MIC, input terminated with 1 k ohms, INPUT SENS: CENTER, IHF-A, typ., EFFECT: OFF)
- USB Connector
- 16 Characters x 2 Lines (Backlit LCD)
- GUITAR/BASS jack (1/4 inch phone type), MIC 1 jacks ( TRS balanced 1/4 inch phone type), MIC 2 jacks (TRS balanced 1/4 inch phone type), LINE IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type), LINE OUT jack (RCA phono type), FOOT SW/EXP PEDAL jack (1/4 inch phone type), PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type), USB connector
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V; Supply AC Adaptor (PSA series)/Size AA Dry battery x 6
- Current Draw
- 200 mA, Alkaline dry cell batteries, Approximately 5 hours (with continuous playback of 8 tracks), May vary according to usage conditions, batteries used, and type of CompactFlash used.
- Soft Case, Size AA alkaline dry cell batteries (6), TRS-XLR converter cable, Demo Card (Already inserted when the BR-600 is shipped), Owner's Manual, Separate sheet (“About Memory Cards” etc.), Roland Service (information sheet)
- AC Adaptor: PSA series, Foot Switch: FS-5U, Pedal Switch: DP-2 (Roland), Expression Pedal: EV-5 (Roland), FV-300L/FV-500L/FV-500H
- Size and Weight
- 257 mm
- 10-1/8 inches
- 183 mm
- 7-1/4 inches
- 27 mm
- 1-1/8 inches
- 0.7 kg
- 1 lbs. 9 oz.
- excluding batteries
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Momentary footswitch for use with keyboards and recording products.
Durable pedals for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
Tank-tough diecast pedals designed to meet the needs of the most demanding players.
Durable metal footswitch available in latching and unlatching types.
Two switches in one, BOSS’s new FS-6 combines latch- and momentary-type switching into one unit.
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.