An international top-seller for years, Cakewalk’s UA series interfaces brought amazing value to computer-recording enthusiasts. Today, Cakewalk pushes the price/performance envelope again with the new UA-4FX. The portable USB audio/MIDI interface sets a new standard for affordable interfaces with its ultra-fast, low-latency audio & MIDI performance, 24/96 audio resolution, phantom-powered XLR mic input, and built-in effects — including a COSM® tube MIC preamp simulator for fattening up your tracks. The UA-4FX also includes a copy of Cakewalk’s SONAR LE recording software and Virtual Sound Canvas plug-in (PC), making it a true all-in-one recording solution at an incredibly low price.
- USB audio interface with up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- 14 types of powerful, easy-to-use onboard effects, including COSM tube mic-preamp simulator
- XLR input with phantom power, Hi-Z guitar/dynamic mic input
- USB bus powered, no AC adapter required
- MIDI I/O with FPT (Fast Processing Technology) for fast, stable performance
- Supports WDM, ASIO 2.0, and Mac OS X Core Audio
- Cakewalk SONAR LE and Virtual Sound Canvas plug-in included (PC)
- Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 surround compatibility via S/PDIF output (Windows XP)
If you demand pristine performance, the UA-4FX can handle audio at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. Send audio in and out of the UA-4FX via its analog I/O or, for the ultimate in high-end audio quality, take advantage of its S/PDIF optical output. Windows XP users can use the optical output for Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 Surround output as well. Any budding film composers or sound designers out there?
Great audio and versatile MIDI combined with a quality suite of built-in effects make the UA-4FX an irresistible package for computer-recording enthusiasts on a budget. Why pay extra for outboard or plug-in effects when the UA-4FX provides a quality, low-latency COSM tube mic-preamp simulator, multi-band compressor/limiter for mastering, amp-simulator and distortion/chorus/delay for guitar, center cancel, reverb, noise suppressor, and more.
Good news for both Mac and PC users — the UA-4FX is cross-platform compatible. It supports WDM, ASIO 2.0, and Mac OS X Core Audio formats. Enjoy low-latency audio performance on both platforms! PC users are in for an extra treat: The UA-4FX ship with a complimentary copy of Cakewalk’s SONAR LE multi-track recording software as well as the Virtual Sound Canvas plug-in.
Great audio is only part of what makes the UA-4FX a star performer. Connect your synths, modules, and controllers via MIDI, and enjoy ultra-fast, stable performance thanks to Cakewalk’s FPT (Fast Processing Transmission) technology. A single USB cable provides both the MIDI and audio links between your computer and the UA-4FX.
The UA-4FX receives its power via USB, which means no AC adapter is required. Great for musicians on the go!
Audio & Video
- Number of Audio Record/Playback Channels
- Record:1 pair of stereo
Playback:1 pair of stereo
Full duplex (Except 96 kHz)
- Signal Processing
- PC Interface24 bits
AD/DA Conversion24 bits (linear)
Internal Processing32 bits (Effect processing)
- Sampling Frequency
- Digital Output44.1/48/96 kHz
Digital Input44.1/48/96 kHz
AD/DA Conversion44.1/48/96 kHz
* ADVANCE SWITCH = OFF: 44.1 kHz only
- Frequency Response
- 96.0 kHz20 Hz to 40 kHz (+1 dB/-2 dB)
48.0 kHz20 Hz to 22 kHz (+1 dB/-1 dB)
44.1 kHz20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1 dB/-1 dB)
- Nominal Input Level
- Line Input Jacks-10 dBu
MIC Input Jack (XLR)-45 to -12 dBu
MIC Input Jack (except XLR)-45 dBu
GUITAR Input Jack-30 dBu
- Nominal Output Level
- Line Output Jacks-10 dBu
Residual Noise Level (input terminated with 1 k ohms, MAIN VOLUME: 0 dB, Monitor: OFF, IHF-A typ.)
-105 dBu or less (SN ratio: 108 dB, typ.)
conforms to IEC60958 consumer format: PCM/AC3
- 1. Mastering
Noise Suppressor/Enhancer/Multi-band Compressor-Limiter
Center Cancel/High Boost/Low Boost/Reverb
Voice-change/Amp-Simulator and Distortion/Chorus/Delay
4. Tube-amp simulator
- Line Input Jacks (L, R) (RCA phono type)
MIC Input Jack (XLR type, balanced, phantom power +48 V)
MIC Input Jack (Miniature phone type, plug-in powered)
GUITAR/MIC Input Jack (1/4 inch phone type)
Line Output Jacks (L, R) (RCA phono type)
Headphones Jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
Digital Input Connector (Optical type)
Digital Output Connector (Optical type)
MIDI Connectors (IN/OUT)
USB Connector (USB Type B)
- Power Supply
- Supplied from the computer
- Current Draw
- 360 mA
- Owner's Manual
Advanced Operation Manual
SONAR LE CD-ROM
- System Requirements
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home/XP Professional/Me/2000 Professional/98SE
Computer: Windows compatible computer equipped with a USB 1.1 port
CPU/Clock: Pentium®, Celeron® or Pentium compatible processors / 600MHz or higher
Memory: 120MB or more
Hard disk: 120MB or more of free space
- OS: Mac OS X v10.2.3 or later, Mac OS 9 * Mac OS X Classic Mode is not applicable.
Computer: Apple Macintosh series with on-board USB 1.1 port
CPU/Clock: PowerPC G3/600MHz or higher * PowerPC G4 or higher is recommended.
Memory: (RAM) 256MB or more
Hard disk: 120MB
Software: OMS 2.3.5 or later, FreeMIDI 1.35 or later (Mac OS 9)
- Size and Weight
- 171 mm
- 6-3/4 inches
- 127 mm
- 5 inches
- 44 mm
- 1-3/4 inches
- 0.3 kg
- 0 lbs. 12 oz.
- * Compatible with USB 2.0 compatible port. Work as a USB 1.1 device without changing the specifications and performance.* Supports 5.1channel surround output through S/P DIF port (Dolby DIGITAL and DTS 5.1 channel) ONLY when using the UA-4FX on Windows XP. Intervideo’s WinDVD Version 5 or later is required (sold separately) for playing 5.1channel surround sound.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Roland deepens its audio product line with the introduction of three new microphones — two for the stage, one for the studio.
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.