The new Roland HP-201 digital piano brings new piano sound and a refined realistic touch to a beautiful cabinet design. It boasts a stunning 88-key multi-sampled piano sound, along with the new PHA II keyboard with a dramatically wider dynamic range. Continuous damper pedal for richer expressiveness provides an acoustic feel in a digital piano.
- 88-key multi-sampled piano sound with piano resonance
- PHA II keyboard offers enhanced dynamic range of touch response
- Newly-designed cabinet with front legs for a stable and stylish piano look
- Continuous pedal for wider expression
- Twin Piano Mode for education applications
- SMF playback via USB MIDI port
Grand Piano Sound
The HP-201 features Roland’s finest 88-key piano sound, featuring true-to-life piano resonance and individual multi-samples for every key. The HP-201 is touch responsive to the subtlest pressure and nuance — from the deepest, most powerful bass to the most delicate highs.
PHA II keyboard
For the most authentic acoustic grand piano feel, the HP-201 is equipped with the new PHA II keyboard. This amazing new keyboard technology offers the same natural response as a grand piano, with a heavier touch in the lower range and lighter touch in the upper, and with lighter resistance on pianissimo passages and stronger resistance on fortissimo just like a well-maintained acoustic grand.
Continuous Damper Pedal
The HP201 offers seamless continuous damper pedal control, allowing you to obtain the perfect amount of damping or attenuation at all times. Experience the most realistic and expressive piano performance.
File Playback via USB MIDI
The HP-201 can play MIDI files by connecting a laptop the USB MIDI port, which accesses the internal MIDI tone library. There are also 65 internal songs.
The HP-201 is built into an attractive, elegant cabinet with front legs that enhance the HP-201’s authentic look. The HP-201 comes in a mahogany finish.
- 88 keys, PHA II keyboard *
- Touch Sensitivity
- Light, Medium, Heavy, Fixed
- Keyboard Modes
- Whole, Dual (volume balance adjustable), Twin piano
- Sound Generator (Conforms to GM2 / GS / XG Lite)
- Max. Polyphony
- 128 voices
- 20 tones, Tone available at time of MIDI data performance: 285 tones (including 8 drum sets, 1 SFX set)
- 7 types, selectable tonic
- Stretched Tuning
- Master Tuning
- 415.3–466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- -6–+5 (in semitones)
- Reverb (10 levels), Key Off Resonance (only for piano tones, 7 levels, Off), Damper Resonance (only for piano tones, 7 levels, Off), Dynamics (3 types, Off)
- 1 track
- Number of songs stored
- 1 song
- Number of notes stored
- Approx. 10,000 notes
- Song Select, All Song Play/Stop, Rec
- Quarter note = 10 to 500
- 120 ticks per quarter note
- 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 6/4
- 8 levels
- Preset Songs
- 65 songs
- Rated Power Output
- 25 W x 2
- 12 cm x 2
- Damper (half-pedal recognition), Soft (half-pedal recognition), Sostenuto
- Other Functions
- Panel Lock, V-LINK
- AC inlet, Pedal connector, Input jacks (L/Mono, R), Output jacks (L/Mono, R), MIDI connectors (In, Out), Phones jack (Stereo) x 2, USB (MIDI) connector
- Power Supply
- HP201-MH: AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz);
HP201-ERW / HP201-EMP: AC 230 V, AC 230 VE (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption
- 48 W
- Owner’s manual, Power Cord, Headphone Hook, Music Rest, Music Rest attachment screws
- Size and Weight ( Including piano stand and music rest )
- 1,387 mm
- 54-5/8 inches
- 422 mm
- 16-5/8 inches
- 1,012 mm
- 39-7/8 inches
- 54.0 kg
- 119 lbs. 1 oz.
- *HP201-ERW Rosewood Finish version and HP201-EMP Maple Finish version utlize Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Open Air Headphones
Professional studio headphones with open air design.
Comfortable and accurate headphones for superior monitoring.
Offer the clarity, sonic accuracy, and comfort needed for mixing and silent practice.
Roland’s top-of-the-line headphones.
Brochures & Catalogs
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions.
You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email.