Multisample Support, JUNO-DS Tone Manager, and Other New Enhancements for the JUNO-DS61 and JUNO-DS88
Lightweight, mobile, and filled with high-quality sounds and hands-on controls, Roland’s JUNO-DS61 and JUNO-DS88 synthesizers are ideal for both pro players and up-and-coming keyboardists. The just-announced Version 2.0 update brings many enhancements to the popular instrument series, including multisample support, expanded performance features, and the powerful JUNO-DS Tone Manager software for Mac and Windows. The software provides an all-in-one environment for editing patches, performances, and samples, and also includes a librarian for backing up sounds and organizing setups for different playing situations.
Get the JUNO-DS Version 2.0 Update and JUNO-DS Tone Manager
The user-installable Version 2.0 update and JUNO-DS Tone Manager software is scheduled for release in February 2018.
JUNO-DS Version 2.0: Newly Added Features
- Support for the JUNO-DS Tone Manager—Powerful software for working with JUNO-DS sounds and samples.
- Multisample support—The JUNO-DS’s Sample section has been expanded to support multisamples, allowing you to create layered sounds and drum kits using your own samples.
- Expanded user sample memory—More onboard memory is now available for loading your own custom samples.
- Transmit MIDI Bank/PC when a Favorite is selected—The JUNO-DS allows you to save and recall commonly used sounds as Favorites. With the Version 2.0 update, you can now simultaneously select an external sound via MIDI in a computer program like Apple MainStage or a hardware module like Roland’s INTEGRA-7.
- Transmit MIDI notes with Phrase Pads—This gives you the ability to play sounds on an external MIDI device using the pads on the JUNO-DS61 and JUNO-DS88.
- Octave up/down in DAW Control mode—It’s now possible to change the current keyboard range when using DAW Control mode.
- Level indicator—The level indicator function on the Phrase Pad LEDs can now be displayed for all MIDI channels.
About the JUNO-DS Tone Manager
The JUNO-DS Tone Manager makes it easy to work with JUNO-DS sounds on a Mac and Windows computer. The software features a comprehensive Editor section for tweaking performances, patches, samples, and multisamples in fine detail. There’s a Sample Creator section as well, which allows you to prepare raw samples and export them to a USB flash drive for loading into the sample and multisample locations in the JUNO-DS. And with the Librarian section, it’s simple to back up and organize your JUNO-DS patches, performances, and drum kits.
More JUNO-DS Info
Learn more about the JUNO-DS synthesizer series at the Roland website.