BOSS Showcases at SXSW
Test Drive These BOSS Pedals at the Austin StompBox Exhibit
Going to SXSW? Our new pedals are, too! Join BOSS at SXSW this year during the the first edition of The Austin StompBox Exhibit hosted by The Deli and Delicious Audio. This free, interactive, in-the-headphones display of guitar effects pedals will take place Friday and Saturday, March 15 and 16, at the Austin Clayworks Gallery on 1209 E 6th St. BOSS is showcasing the brand new line of Multi-Dimensional Processing pedals alongside some of the tried and true BOSS classics. Curious to see what a stompbox exhibit looks like? Here’s a picture of the 2012 StompBox Exhibit in Brooklyn, NY. Don’t forget to bring your guitar so you can test them out in person! Here’s a preview of the BOSS pedals on exhibit.
Download BOSS Compact Pedals PDF
TE-2 Tera Echo
Our 100th BOSS compact series model! Powered by our latest MDP technology, the TE-2 produces a dynamic new ambience effect that goes beyond traditional delay and reverb. Although any guitar sounds fine in John 5‘s hands, we dare to declare that any guitar is fun to play paired with this pedal.
- Proprietary Multi-Dimensional Processing technology separates incoming audio into several dimensions to provide optimum effect for any type of sound or playing.
- Unique ultra-dynamic stereo echo and ambient effects controllable by playing dynamics
DA-2 Adaptive Distortion
In a nut shell, this pedal employs musical distortion that plays well all over the neck, from tight, edgy low-string tones to fat, smooth highs for lead playing. In other words, this pedal creates the ideal tone for every register. Don’t want to take our word for it, read Sonic State’s Richard Beech’s DA-2 review.
- Uses BOSS’ Multi-Dimensional Processing technology (MDP) to deliver ideal distortion tones wherever you play on the guitar neck.
- Superb unique “clear” distortion; ultra-responsive to volume changes and playing dynamics.
- DA-2 “knows” where and what you are playing to produce optimum tone whether it’s screaming leads or heavy chords
MO-2 Multi Overtone
With shimmery multi-string resonance to flute-like transparency to powerful textures reminiscent of organs, the MO-2 is what Richard Beech also calls “an evil synth.” Read the review by Richard Beech.
- Uses BOSS MDP technology to produce unique polyphonic harmonic overtones for new unique sounds.
- Great for leads and chordal playing
- Combine with DA-2 and TE-2 for fantastic, huge tonal textures
RC-3 Loop Station
This pedal delivers a powerful looping ability in a small footprint. The RC series is preferred by many musicians the world over for practicing; many use it as a professional tool for playing live in a solo set-up. If you really want to get creative, see what this year’s Loop Station World Championship 3 (LSWC3) contestants pulled off during their showdown. Yes, there is a contest for such performances and it was amazing!
Enter for a chance to win an RC-3 Loop Station pedal autographed by John 5, Steve Stevens, Billy Duffy, Herman Li, and Darryl Jones. Contest ends April 5, 2013.
- Top of the line stereo compact pedal looper.
- Massive internal memory: 99 onboard loops, 3 hours of stereo looping.
- Built-in drums for perfect looping timing plus USB for easy connection to computers
The DD-7 takes the best features from its predecessors and expands the creative envelope with Modulation Delay mode, classic modeled Analog Delay mode, external pedal control option, longer delay time, and more. With this pedal you can take your delay up to 6.4 seconds and record up to 40 seconds in Hold mode for overdubs or solo rhythms.
- BOSS stereo digital delay with several modes, including Reverse, Modulation Delay and Analog Delay: models the famous BOSS DM-2 analog delay, beloved for its characteristic warm delay sound.
- 6400 ms delay time and built in 40 second looper (Hold mode).
- Built in tap tempo and external EXP pedal control for real time control of delay parameters.
MT-2 Metal Zone
- One of the most popular BOSS pedals; super long sustain and heavy mids and lows.
- Very wide range of distortion tones from mild to extreme.
- 3-band EQ with semi-parametric mid controls provide ultra-wide tone range.
CH-1 Super Chorus
- Provides the famous BOSS original stereo chorus sound.
- Four controls make it super easy to dial in perfect chorus sounds.
- Sounds great in mono and stereo.
- The best selling BOSS distortion: used by top pros everywhere.
- Responds to playing dynamics for authentic feel and sound.
BD-2 Blues Driver
- Classic tube tones with strong gain and output.
- Very responsive to dynamics and picking technique.
- Sounds and feels just like a vintage tube amp
TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
- World’s most popular pedal tuner; seen on pedalboards everywhere.
- Super accurate and easy to read in any environment.
- BOSS durability and quality: 5 year warranty!
10 Original BOSS Stompbox Design Elements | Music Industry Buzz
March 25, 2013 @ 8:38 pm
[…] BOSS Showcases at SXSW […]