FR-8x and FR-8xb V-Accordions
FR-8x & FR-8xb Debut at Musikmesse 2013
Packed with features requested by the world’s top accordionists, the new flagship FR-8x (piano-type) and FR-8xb (button-type) V-Accordions take the digital accordion to an all-new dimension. With extremely natural playability thanks to newly developed Dynamic Bellows Behavior technology, more convenient battery charging, an expanded sound set, four multi-effects engines, an onboard looper, and much more, the FR-8x and FR-8xb bring players the most powerful V-Accordion experience yet.
Here’s a quick rundown of just a few of the great new features in the FR-8x and FR-8xb:
- True acoustic accordion feel—Roland’s new Dynamic Bellows Behavior varies the resistance of the bellows depending on the register and number of notes played, delivering the familiar and comfortable playing feel of an acoustic accordion.
- Simple battery charging—The onboard battery can now be charged easily with the included AC adapter, with no playing interruption during the charging process.
- A wide range of new sounds and effects—In addition to accordions from around the world, the FR-8x and FR-8xb give you instant access to a ton of versatile sounds, including organs, strings, brass, synths, acoustic and electric guitars, and even drums! On top of that, four powerful multi-effects engines provide a huge selection of studio-quality sound sweetening options, with independent processing for Accordion, Orchestra 1, Orchestra 2, and Orchestra Chord sections.
- All-new user interface—A large, recessed color display, logical panel layout, and three programmable chin switches make operation simple and intuitive.
- Built-in looper—This much-requested feature allows you to layer the many different onboard sounds to create instant accompaniment for backing and improvisation.
- New button-type keyboard in the FR-8xb—The redesigned button-type keyboard provides improved response, an authentic look, and lower noise.
And that’s not all—this just touches on what these powerful new flagship instruments can do! To explore these new V-Accordions in full detail, visit RolandConnect.com.
August 4, 2014 @ 9:52 pm
I truly hope that Roland continues to support and develop the 8X. It is a wonderful instrument. I also have a 7X which I love but love the 8X even more. The possibilities are endless when it comes to programming. Please continue the V Accordion and please keep an “Italian” connection.
June 18, 2014 @ 12:58 am
I wou pay up tp 42,000 US FOR THIS.
January 26, 2014 @ 8:01 pm
This is truly the state-of-the-art accordion and more, yet it costs less than regular high quality acoustic accordions. Most dealers in the U.S. are selling them under $6000. Roland says they are committed to keeping this product despite closing its operation in Italy where they are currently made. Roland, though, is a global company with many musical interests. I’d get one now before they are made some place other than Italy.
Oliver Wendel Holmes
June 17, 2014 @ 12:42 pm
If these accordions could be made in Syria or Iraq or Lybia, I bet the prices would be drastically lowered because there aren’t minimum wage or union concerns, as far as I know, in those countries. I hope Roland tries to open up factories there. I want an affordable FR-8xb accordion for $100.
September 28, 2013 @ 9:30 pm
I would like to know where to buy FR8X in the USA. Thank you
OV Valle [Roland US]
November 20, 2013 @ 10:06 am
You should try our Dealer Locator tool, just enter your zip code to find the nearest dealer.
June 11, 2013 @ 4:00 am
I have ordered one. Price if exported is +- 4200 euros otherwise 4900 euros. I had the FR7X but this is in different league. The beauty of this instrument is the orchestral sounds. Most demos seem to promote it no differently than an acoustic accordion. That’s a pity!
June 2, 2013 @ 9:07 am
Estoy interesado en comprar un Acordeón tipo Piano FR8x.
Necesito conocer el costo total, o sea con gibbag, pedal, USB, cables, y todos los accesorios que se necesiten para realizar una actuación correcta.
OV Valle [Roland US]
June 6, 2013 @ 8:48 pm
Hola Henry Bay, disculpa que no te pueda confirmar esa informacion porque no vendemos directo al cliente. Osea, los precios dependen de las tiendas que venden nuestro producto. Usted puede usar este sitio para buscar el dealer mas sercano.
April 25, 2013 @ 6:17 pm
Hi , where do i buy one? how much?
April 5, 2013 @ 2:10 pm
This new roland fr8x piano looks very interesting. Is it available now, and what is the cost please. I read some info, but need a lot more info.
Best regards, Tony.
Tony Burton - D-FORCE L/L
April 8, 2013 @ 3:54 pm
Thank you for relyingre the FR8X Roland accordiomn.I am very interested in this instrument, and would like to know the cost as it bcomes available.